Chapter 19

"I know who attacked me," I said just above a whisper. None of them could hear except Suga.

"Its fine Vaniee, we can wait. You need to heal first. Let's go to your room." He tried to avoid the situation for me.

"I'm fine." I gulped the air that was stuck in my throat and sighed taking a deep breath in and out.

"I was at home, sleeping in my backyard. I have no idea how they entered. I was drinking and knocked myself out due to intoxication. When I woke up..." I breathed heavily thinking about what all happened. I continued, "I found myself in my father's secret stash room. I was tied and beaten." This time I closed my eyes and tears trickled down my face. I opened my eyes to see everyone looking at me with sadness and anger mixed. "He tortured me and warned me to leave the city or next time he will... he will kill me. It's him. W...Wang Son." I let that all out in a shaky flow.

Jung kook stood up from his seat and ran his fingers through his hair. "How can he...?" 

I could feel Suga turning ice-cold beside me but I hugged him closer and tugged on to his shirt. I did not want to be alone. It was not only Suga, I could feel the temperature in the room drop below zero degrees. Namjoon spoke, his voice was cold but firm. There was anger but not boiling his blood, more like the hell froze and all 7 of them shared the same feeling.

"We need to pick up our game. We have to be very careful. She needs to heal. We need to take Wang Son down at all cost. Boys, let's go. We got work to do." He walked out and 5 of them followed him. Suga still was with me. 

I turned my gaze to his face, "Are you also going?" 

"As much as I want to rip that bastard limb to limb, you are more important right now."

"I don't know what to say, but he is my brother too. I am hurt, I may not want to see him but I do not want him dead. Please." I had tears rolling down my face while I dug my nails in my palm. The softs of my palm turning blue-black at the pressure.

"Stop crying, I will not do any such thing. But yes we have to break him. We need to stop him. And, we will. I promise you." Suga assured me while cuddling me and swaying me to and fro.

"I am tired. Can I sleep?"

Suga picked me up and carried me to the room. He softly put me to bed and covered me with the duvets. Before he could walk away, I pulled the duvets and patted the pillow beside me. He tilted his head and climbed in the bed. He kept his left hand under his head and his right hand pulled me by my waist. I snuggled beside him and hid my face in his chest. His right hand was rubbing over my side waist moving dangerously closed to me ass. I will not deny, I wanted him to touch me but my weakness was not letting me stay awake.

"Sleep baby girl, I need you healed. I will never let you get hurt again." He whispered in my ears. I hummed in obedience and safety and drifted to sleep.

─XX—

"How could you do this to me?" he screamed.

"I cannot live with you anymore. I love him. Let me go". Her voice was shaky even though she tried her best to sound strong.

"We have two kids. Two. Will you do this to them?" He slapped her again and again. 

The kids hid under their bed. The younger brother hid behind her, cowering at the screams and things being thrown across the hall. He tugged to his sister's shirt while his face was painted with tears. She was older but fear does not see age. It was a regular occurrence in this house. But that night the mother did not come back inside their bedroom to pull them out.

This time the room opened when they were already half-asleep under the bed after crying for an hour. Opening of the door made them jump in their sleep. She hugged her brother hiding him from seeing anything. She slapped her hand over his and her own mouth. Not making any sound. She saw her father drag his feet inside the room. He bent down and looked at her.

A filthy smirk danced on his face. He pulled her out by dragging her by her hair. She screamed in pain and it made her brother cry harder. What else can a five-year-old do, when his father was screaming and beating his sister black and blue?

After having his fill beating the sister he grabbed him by his throat and picked him up only to push him back on the bed, choking him.

"Nnnooooooooo"

Vanessa woke up screaming. She was still in Suga's bed but he was not there. She had screamed so loud that neighbors must have woken up if they were not yet. Suga came running inside pulling a gun in his hand.

"Who is it? What? What happened?" He was pointing his gun in all four directions and checking.

"I'm ... I am sorry, I had a nightmare." Vanessa said, still shivering and sweating. Her hair stuck around her face in a wild mess while sweat and tears messed up her face. Her shirt was drenched.

Suga kept his gun at the table and walked over to her. He sat on the bed and cuddled Vanessa even if she flinched at his touch.

"It's ok. It's just me. 'M here." He whispered to her. She calmed down and looked up to him. 

"I think I should take a shower."

"Yeah, please do that. You smell like a fish." Suga teased her. She glared at him and walked out of the bed, leaving him there.

"I am hungry, feed me?" She half-turned and pouted at him with her fingers drumming her tummy.

"Shower and change, I will fix your meal by then. Come downstairs ok." Suga smiled at her and got to his feet.

Vanessa walked into the shower her head still filled with the images from her recent nightmare. She often dreamt about her husband and brother, but this... This had never happened. She did not remember much of her father beating her, what was it then?