Chapter 28

I walked to the front gate, I clearly know what I am about to do is never going to be good for me. But, this will be good for them. The step I am going to take just right now will unhook the boys from Wang Son and this deadly death trap that they have set for themselves. Without wasting another minute I pulled out my camera.

I started snapping the images of the mansion. I have found out the mansion Wang Son is staying after leaving his previous place scared of us since they could not kill us. I sneaked around the boundary taking snaps hurriedly. I walked to the back where the wines had covered the boundary making it the perfect place to hide and perfect to enter the premises. You see if you try to cut the wires, the alarm goes off. Guards stroll every 15 seconds so you can never make an escape upfront. But sneaking from behind is very convenient. You simply climb these wines and hide among the tree branches. You can support yourself and enter the mansion's 2nd-floor bedroom through the huge tree standing at the center of the balcony.

As I just did. I am in luck for this room belongs to Wang Son. The thought of him being my brother crossed my mind but I brushed it off. How can a brother be so cruel to try to kill his blood-sister just to keep his false identity? I took another snap and heard whispers down the balcony. I rolled away into the dark side of the balcony and peeked down. 2 of his men were talking while strolling away. I should leave now. I will come back with a complete plan.

--time lapse—

Author's POV...

All the images and documents were laid out on the table. Vanessa was busy devising the plan to take down Wang Son but can she shoot her own blood? Things would have been a lot easier if she could just hack into the alarm system of his mansion and enter while his men slept. But that was not possible. She never sat with Taehyung to learn all the hacking, she could only connect her device to his CCTV camera and watch what he was doing.

She was tired and needed a drink. She got up from her chair and pulled out a bottle of whiskey. Her half-burnt cigarette was pressed between her lips that were badly chapped. Hairs were in a messy bun and her forehead bore the marks of tension and pressure that were her only companion. She was not eating nor sleeping properly. It has been a week since she left Suga and the boys and ran away. Yet again. Even after what had already happened to her. The thought of being tied up and beaten to death ringed her deep in her bones but for her finally found love and to save the family that she cared for and gained after such a long struggle, it was just bleh. 

If she is needed for the millionth time, she would still sacrifice herself to keep her family and her love safe from all the danger. She had not contacted the boys and they had no idea where she was. She hoped they were busy healing and not running around like headless chickens to find her. That is just useless. If somehow after a miracle, she stays alive, after taking down Wang Son, she will go back running to Suga. The thought of being curled up in his arm while his warmth engulfing her broken heart brought a faint smile to her lips and a tear trickled down her eyes. She threw away the cigarette bud and took the whiskey back to her chair.

Wiping her tears she sat back down and flicked the channels to shift the camera set to the one in Wang Son's room. She cannot hear anything but she saw him sitting at the edge of the bed when his room's door opened. She zoomed in closer to look at the man entering the room and adjusted the magnifications to decipher the face. The man was not looking at Wang Son and then turned to look outside the balcony. He turned and she could see the face clear. She switched it off. She turned off her laptop and collected all the papers and snaps she had thrown all around the small room. The dustbin was soon filled with all the papers and snaps, she picked up the bottle of whiskey for a swig and poured some in the dustbin. A small fire soon engulfed all the documents and images. She had made her decision.

--time lapse—

She had again managed to climb up the balcony just like the other day. She walked around the balcony and jumped to the adjacent balcony while dropping sleeping bombs around the building. The gas fumes were invisible after a minute and all the guards just dropped sleeping silently. She opened the door of the balcony and entered the room slowly. The room was dark but she could see Wang Son sleeping peacefully on the bed. The moonlight fell nonchalantly over his face lighting the room along with it. This moon would see tonight's events just like it watches everything from above.

She walked slowly to him looking at him as his face morphed into himself as a baby and then to that night in party and back to now as he slept peacefully. She leaned down slightly to his face as he opened his eyes, Vanessa... he whispered but her hands soon clasped on his mouth. Without another word, he closed his eyes and dozed back to his slumber. She rolled the cloth she had just placed over his face and stuffed it back in her bag. She tied his hands and legs and tied him on her back with more rope. He hung on to her while she piggybacked him to the balcony. She climbed down the ropes she had earlier dropped down the huge tree and ran to the boundary. The guards still slept and it gave her enough time to sneak him out.

She was soon inside her van where she dropped him in the back while securing the ties over his hands and legs again. She drove back to the small house she found in the forest. That night when she left the safe house she had ran to the nearest bus stop and before she could board the bus she saw 2 men standing at a distance from her. They even followed her inside the bus and got down at the same station she did.

To get them off her back she took another bus back to the main city but they were fast too. She finally took them back to her old family house. The bodies must be still rotting in there or others may have recovered. She never went back to her place, or Suga's or the safe house. Where ever she was she was often followed and that was when she decided to run in the forest. She would only come out late at night and get her stuff otherwise she stayed in the small house she found in the forest.

The drive was silent and without any hassle. It seemed too easy but she knew the reason behind the easy abduction of Wang Son. She is getting some dear answers she craved for almost 6 years now. She stopped at the house and opened the back door. Wang Son was still knocked out and she dragged him inside the small room and sat him down to the chair. She tied him down to the chair and muffled him with a cloth in the mouth.

She went out and hid the car away from the house. She was too discreet and she had to be, be it his men or the boys, she did not want any disturbance. It was a much-awaited brother-sister reunion.