Chapter 2

Congratulations! You have striven through this ridiculous story and reached Chapter 2.

"The possession of knowledge does not kill the sense of wonder or mystery. There's always more mystery!"

"The pain is real." Phoenix hissed as she put on the highest heels known to man. "Why am I doing this again?" Cyrus kept making her wear things that she despised. The world is interested in seeing people walking around in the fakest way possible.

"Just some more attachments and you will look perfect!" Cyrus exclaimed as she searched in jewellery drawer for the one thing she needed.

"Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people like me just don't care." Phoenix argued for the third time. "I don't want to walk around trying to gain attention. I already have a lot."

"You will be fine, Nix. Now wear these earrings and you will be all set." Cyrus consoled for the billionth time. It was of no benefit though. Phoenix was beyond aggravated at wearing something that made her look like a clown. Or moreover, a Christmas tree with all the beads and hangings on her.

When Cyrus took out the ornament from the box, a gasp formed on her lips. "You call them earrings?" Phoenix creaked. "I would prefer calling them dead snakes. Who would wear those too-long-to-the-level-where-your-ears-pluck-out stuff? I wouldn't feel my face if I put on that hanger."

"Please." Cyrus appealed, "Just this pair. Pretty please?" Phoenix rolled her eyes at that. Not many like decorating themselves with drips and drops. And in her case, if there is something she hates more than life, that would be wearing an attire which was too polished and glassy for her style.

"Why are you even here? The maids of honour are supposed to help me dress, not you." Phoenix exclaimed in a rude tone.

Cyrus smiled softly at that comment and said, "If I were to leave you with the maids, the only thing I will see at last would be a blind man with a ridiculous black attire." Then she paused abruptly and looked at Phoenix straight in the eye. "And I wouldn't want my sister to look that way, now, do I?"

When Phoenix remained silent, she continued. "You are not grown enough to have common fashion sense, Nix. But I haven't lost faith in you. One day, you will soon know what fashion is and what its necessity is."

"We are of the same age, Cyrus. And we were born on the same day."

"But I am older than you by a minute. That in itself is a big difference. You were one minute late to have a decade of fashion sense." Cyrus smiled sweetly.

"Whatever you say, I am not wearing those dead ravens as my earpiece. Case closed." Phoenix said and almost immediately the door flew open to show a breathless Ayden.

"You" breathe. "are" breathe. "ought to join the ceremony right now." Breathe. "You two are running late. Better hurry."

"Oh no," Phoenix smirked. "I thought I was the only one who would get to be late. Seems like there is a competition." She stared at Cyrus and gave a sweet smile.