Chapter 11

Hmm.. I wonder when you would say that this book is bad and boring. Just wondering, not disappointment.

 Just wondering, not disappointment

"Nice to meet you, Ethan Topaz." A high-pitched voice said. "Myself Annette. I am new here." Phoenix looked up from the old bonded book she held, at the girl with a confused expression. 

That of why a girl, so cheery, would want to sit next to a moody and venerable teenager? And secondly, how does she know her fake genuine name? And why would someone dare to disturb her while she is reading?

"Good to meet you too, Annette." Then it clicked. Annette. The girl with amber eyes and blonde hair who stared at Phoenix on the other day through out the meeting. Annette, oh no. "I am a new student too." Phoenix said with a grin on her face.

The girl was so happy for her style. Annette keeps smiling widely which made it uncomfortable for Phoenix. Who smiles like a witch with thirty two teeth? Moreover, who wants to see her teeth?

"How do you-" Phoenix took a deep breathe, waiting for the answer to the unasked question. "-know my name?" The girl's smile shortened to a frown.

"You don't know? The school is going head over heals for you. Well, you can't blame no one. Your beauty is ought to be praised."

"Oh. Thanks?" Phoenix said and sat up straight, looking back at her book and reading it. Why would anyone want to call a person who is in fantasy back to reality? Well, another person would.

"You're Edana Thanoz, right?" A girl asked from her right side. "Oh my gosh, you're so pretty! I am Selena by the way. Nice to meet you." Meeting Selena in disguise was quite unexpected.

"Thank you. Nice to meet you too." Very nice to meet her indeed. Phoenix was feeling the very thing about force. It is not just the product of mass and acceleration. It is also the factor of having to do something against one's will, to go forth according to the norms.

She held her book tightly, waiting for anyone who would come to wish her a very nice day. As the room turned devoid of 'nice to meet you', Phoenix went back to read. But the second she tried to stare at the book, a thud on her shoulder forced her to look back.

Another girl came to her view. She was the cutest though. The girl had blue eyes, an unnatural blue to be exact. And her hair was the shade of brown with a tiny hint of white. "Hey Ethan Topaz! My name's Rose. Nice to meet-"

"It's nice to meet you too." Phoenix said, not wanting her to complete that overused nonsensical of a phrase. Nobody means it when they say 'nice to meet you'. It sounds like they are mocking you and the norms of the land is just annoying. It did be better to make a rule against using that phrase. 

Annette stood up and walked away, excusing herself stating that she would come back in a while. Now, Phoenix was stuck with Rosy Rose and an Sceptical Selena; and a book she was determined to read, though her wishes wouldn't come true anytime soon.