Chapter 3

Thanks for checking out the third chapter of this absurd book. Have a nice day and enjoy reading!!

"Make peace with your past so that it doesn't spoil your future

"Make peace with your past so that it doesn't spoil your future."

He gave her a hand and lifted her up, looking for bruises. "It appears as though your ankles are injured. Let me help you." Phoenix was led far from the centre by the outsider. They were seated on the seat which was directed to the mansion, a glass window separating them from the forest. The view was beautiful, with light beads hanging on the sky, a happy moon sitting there watching all.

But what he looked like was much more alluring than the summed-up stars in the sky. Something about him made Phoenix feel curious. His grey coat covering his white shirt, ironed perfectly with glitters all over it. White hair fell on his forehead, his amber eyes showing out of his complexions. Angelic. That was the one word which could describe him. 

"I love your eyes." He coughed hard as he voiced out suddenly. "I mean, your eyes are beautiful. Interesting. I-"

"That was pretty awkward." She smiled, her dimples showing slowly on her cheek. Her face lit up, though the scars hid her beauty like a mantle of mystery. "No one has ever liked my black eyes. Possibly because it scares them to stare at eyes so eerie as mine. Thank you for the compliment, by the way."

He laughed as he looked at the heels which were kept a foot away from her. "Why are you even wearing these things?" He asked as he sat up on the chair, getting more comfortable.

Phoenix rolled her eyes at his question. "I know this is dishonouring but King Cyrus loves to dress me up to look like a doll. I won't blame her though; it is the problem with her neuron cells and there is no way in death that she could change."

"I know that you do acknowledge the fact that those statements were dishonouring. You just talked ill about your sister, her majesty." He frowned, confused about what he must say.

"This is not the first time I talked that way about Cyrus. The walls of this castle have the facts imprinted on them by the number of times I have referred to my family in that manner but still I feel the least of guilt."

He let out a melodious laugh. One which sounds so metaphysical yet mysterious. "You have a way with words."

Phoenix had a good look at the man. He was handsome, with eyes the colour of a mix of orange and yellow. His hair, the shade of blonde which looked whiter under the moonlit night, was arranged in a formal fashion. He was looking straight at her with an unknown expression plastered on his facial complexes.

"I almost forgot about the-" He looked at the part where the injury had occurred. "Where's the bruise?" He asked, scowling.

"It disappeared. I am not a human which I thought the whole world must have known by now. I am not complaining that you don't, though." She said as she shrugged it off.