Chapter 15

"Well, well, we meet again." The voice said as she stared right at the creature. "Isn't it a surprise, Phoenix? Why you are all so much interested in every aspects of death and darkness?" It came nearer, the eyes staring right at her. "No, no it's not. After all, the off spring of the sun god must somehow be associated with death, am I right?"

"Not necessarily." Phoenix spoke up. "Only one among the three off springs of the god of sun are associated with death."

"So you know of all these, yet you didn't realize what you got yourself into. I thought the great Phoenix was much better than this." He said in a venomous tone, one which contained a bit of agony.

"Oh, please. I do." She said shaking her head. "I am talking to a lion named Tide who declares himself to be the moon god. What else must I know?"

The fact that he lied about both the factors. His name and his designation.

He brought himself closer to her face and flashed his canines. "And you promised something. Don't you remember that?"

"I never promised anything. The factor that you don't know your wife enough is none of my fault. I asked you for her name and what she looked like and you gave a biography of how good she is to you." She rebuked. "You think I care of all that? I am a King and I have other duties to fulfil."

"Like letting out ghosts from hell. I see you're doing your duties well." He let out a growl. "Only if Equinox didn't show up."

She looked straight at him. "Now who is Equinox? Your wife?"

"My, even if you try to make jokes don't be so pathetic." Tide showed an expression of horror. "Equinox can't be my wife, you-" He sighed, or he sounded like he did. "Never mind."

"Then never mind to ask for help." She hissed. "This is ridiculous. You don't even give the information and expect me to hunt down your missing wife? No wonder why she left you be."

"She left me because she wanted to save the world!" He yelled at her. "She left because she wanted to end the world." He looked down, a tear falling down his furry face. "She left me be."

There was a moment of silence. "Look, I would want to help you." Phoenix said softly. "But you see, I don't know anything about that lady. Please tell me something more and I will find her for you."

He looked at her with an eye full of expectations. "She can't be explained so easily."

"What should that mean?" She raised an eyebrow.

"She is a god and she lost her memory to her past." He said. "Only if the past finds her shall she find me."

There was a moment of silence, none of the two knowing what to say. "What is her name?"

"The name of gods shall never be revealed." Tide said sternly. "It's a rule. I thought you knew it by now."

Well, Donovan, the arrogant angry godling who loves hell didn't go by the rule.

"I have heard of it but it's not like I would ever talk to a god, which I did." Phoenix mumbled. "Wait, so your name is not Tide?" She was determined to take out his mask and punch him in his furry face.

He shook his head. "Tide is a ridiculous name anyways." He walked away from her facing the darkness. "That's my nick name, one which I have been going by on every auspicious time I am supposed to meet a mortal."

Phoenix honestly didn't want to put any harm on Donovan by telling Tide that she knew the truth. She knew that he was Hail and his wife was Than.

"What about your wife? What is her name?" She hissed in a sharp breath. "Tell me everything right now or I leave. You pester me or not, I don't care. But I stand my ground on this. Give me the details. Every single detail."