Chapter 7

Wow! Did you reach chapter 7? Now, that's progress. I wonder when you would stop reading this. Not disappointment, just pure wonder.
Enjoy reading!

"If you think you're the hero, you clearly are the villain

"If you think you're the hero, you clearly are the villain."

The room was murky, not a glimpse of light shining to show her where she was. The ground was rough with bodies like stones laying still. Her heart beat started to echo through the room, her breathing rough and harsh, the difficulty in the processes being evident.

Phoenix was glancing at the tall figure ahead of her. It was dark and enormous, radiating immense power which prevailed to be one that made her shudder. The sight was unclear but then again, she felt that she knew it. She knew where she was. She knew what is standing ahead of her. But what really could it be, she never comprehended.

The deep silence had a melody of its own. In places deep, where the waters peep, lies the unknown rhythms playing in outleap. The fear of what is not known was soon replaced with curiosity as she looked at the creature which seemed to produce light from itself.

The rich aroma of dusk and eeriness invaded her nose, making it harder for her to think. Then the figure started to move, slowly yet surely, which made her take steps backwards. The knowledge of uncertainty was reassuring. You do know that things you don't know could occur at any point in time. That thought calmed her an inch. But the feeling broke as soon as the stranger's face started to become clearer.

The first thing she saw was a glistening, long, curvy matter. Then she realised what she saw. Her eyes darted towards the golden ones of theirs. The furry creature looked at her with what could be called a glimpse of anger mixed with another strange expression. "A large cat?" She spoke softly.

The creature let out a snort. "I am a lion, young lady." It growled.

"A talking cat?" She said with a humourless smirk. "Currently I am out of this world for sure. Could someone show me the way to my earth? This place is not where I belong."

"I am a talking lion." The beast growled. "A large talking golden lion. My name is Tide." The creature stepped forward; its face dangerously close to hers.

"Hey, Tide! My name is Wave. Now I guess I have to go. See you soon." She muttered as she turned to get for a run when a wall hit square on her face. "Ouch! Why are walls so painful?"

"You are not running away from me again. I have had enough of your dramas." Tide, the lion, spoke.

"Again? I have never met you before." Or have you? "No, I haven't. I don't know you. I have never seen you. I have no deals with you. So, I am leaving. Ask someone else to deal with your dramas."

Before she could take a step, the lion let out a threatening growl, which made her stuck to her ground. "Over my dead body!" It stated.

She looked at its eyes for a solid second. "Okay, then."