Chapter 18

"Why are you in my room Nix?" Cyrus asked again as she entered, staring at the floor which was filled with sharp pieces of glass. "What in the world?"

Phoenix turned slowly to face Cyrus and gave a sad smile. "I can explain." She raised both of her hands apologetically. Cyrus kept staring at her once beautiful room, now in bits. "There was this eerie being that-"

"Eerie being that looked like me which tried to kill you? And the fact that you heard more voices in your head? Yes Nix, I know." She walked to the centre of the room. "But you didn't have to break the door. That one had a lot of memories from our childhood."

"Like when you tried to plaster me on that door for a whole day?" Phoenix asked in disbelief as Cyrus laughed. "Not funny."

"Why are you here anyways? To know why I was avoiding you?" Cyrus asked and she nodded. "Come and sit down. I will tell you everything that I know."

Phoenix raised her eyebrow and sat down reluctantly, Cyrus sitting next to her. "What have you got to tell me?" She asked. "Tell me."

"I don't know where to begin." She whispered as she fidgeted her fingers. "You saw Zachary today, didn't you?" She asked Phoenix to which she nod. "Well, Zachary is Rose."

Phoenix smiled like a person who just got a lottery. "I knew this wouldn't stumble upon Titan." Cyrus looked strangely at her. "Zachary is Rose. So Zachary is a Trino. And there are only two Trinos alive but he can't be that of love." She shot up from the chair and flashed her canines. "Which means he is the god of living. Zachary is Tide!" Phoenix felt like she just found a new element and got it named after her.

"Why can't Zachary be the god of love?" Cyrus asked. "Why living?"

Phoenix blushed slightly, her face changing darker. "Titan has filled up the slot of being the god of love." She said. "I am not sure yet. Well, I am nothing next to sure but there is this possibility that Titan may turn out to be a Trino."

"What if Titan is Tide?" Cyrus asked. This one question brought in new possibilities to Phoenix's soon to explode brain. "We can't reject the chances of that occurring."

"That's a stupid conspiracy theory. Titan can't be Tide. He is already annoying me in my head and now add the dreams? I don't dream about him."

"Well, you do honey."

"No I don't dream about him. Like, ever." She said. "It's not just a statement. It's a belief. My belief that he wouldn't turn out to be Tide because if he does, I would make sure to rip off his head."

"Why would you do that? It's not like you like him to give a revenge." Cyrus smiled innocently. "Or do you?"

"Of course I don't. I only met him a couple of days ago. I don't even know him to like him."

"So you are cutting off the possibility of Titan being Tide only because that makes sense or does that have to do with the fact that Tide has a wife and you will be jealous of her if Titan-"

Phoenix cut her off. "No, I have no feelings for anyone, especially those who think it is fun to make a joke on me." She sat down again. "Back to our previous topic, who told you that Zachary and Rose are one person anyways?"

"I just know." She shrugged. "I have known them for years."

"Years? Now, what should that mean?" Phoenix inquired. "And how did I not know about him or her? Tell me more, Cyrus."

"I started seeing Zachary from the time I can remember. He was mostly the cause why I drifted off from reality yet he was the one who anchored me to it." She said. "But then he left my thoughts the day we turned eighteen. I thought he would never come back. But he did, in an unexpected way. He stood right in front of me. But that wasn't the part that made me feel bad. The notion that he is Rose, the fact that he is a Trino and-"

"Wait a moment." Phoenix interrupted. "How did you know he is a Trino? Did you read his mind?"

She nodded slowly. "Yes, I did. But not too clearly. His thoughts were jumbled up and criss-crossed, foggy-like if you will." Cyrus sighed. "But I read him never the less. And the results weren't so pretty."

"What all did you see?"

"A lot. A lot that I am not sure will be safe for you to hear. So for the moment, I am going to keep this to myself." She said and walked Phoenix out of the room. "You will know them soon Nix. And please don't doubt me when you know it."

Phoenix turned intending to walk out when Cyrus muttered from behind. "I have never seen Titan but I know he is danger."

She had a confused look in her face as she looked at the raging storm clouds which were moving towards the castle. The day is bad for the whole world.

Is Titan really Tide? But then that would make everything less of sense. But Trinos have two genders. Two faces. Is being an animal a different gender? No, that can't be. Tide is the god of living and that's probably why he can walk around as an animal.

What if Zachary is Tide? But Phoenix doesn't know him well so it did be too soon to judge. What if Zachary is the god of love instead.

She was totally lost in thought. She had to figure all of this before she steps out to find the past, which she might have to in any moment of time. But data is an important essence when it comes to accomplishing something. And to her, the only substance that isn't clear is the required information.

Who is Tide? Who are the three off springs of the sun god? Why must Phoenix be the chosen one to re-join them all. The wide range of possibility made her feel venerable. Sitting on this planet, not knowing how to bring back the creators of thousands of such planets. Creators who lost their memory. She had to know more.

"King Phoenix?" A voice called out with respect as she turned to find a soldier. "There is a woman who has to be beheaded tomorrow. We wanted your consent."

"A woman?" He nodded and bowed. "Don't make any changes from the proclaimed plan. I shall meet the culprit first." And she walked away to the red room of rage. She pulled open the door to find a woman sitting at the corner of the room, her hands tied to her legs. She lifted her face slowly as Phoenix so the one sitting there, grinning like a villain.

"We meet again."

Thanks for reading. Hope you didn't doze off in between!