Chapter 23

"How dare you ask me to not cry." She shouted at his face. "I just saw my brother dying for me with my own eyes."

Titan lifted her face and wiped off those dried tears. "He didn't die."

"I just so him die. I can't believe I let him die in the first place." She muttered to herself as her eyes turned black. "I should have been the one gone with Equinox, not him."

He caressed her cheeks as he whispered again. "Ayden didn't die."

"I should have been the one gone instead of him."

Titan took in a sharp breath and looked her in her eyes. "Ayden did not die." This time, he specified each word, making sure it got to her.

"Ayden did not die?" Phoenix asked, her eyes widened. "Why is that so? I mean, I- Was I imagining all these?"

Titan shook his head the bit most slightly and spoke, "You did see Equinox and so did you see your brother die. But he didn't."

She lose his grip from him and walked away, intending to look out through the balcony.

The sky wasn't the most pleasant thing now. It was raging, the same way she had felt. Rage to all who killed her brother.

He stood next to her and whispered again. "Ayden is not dead and so wouldn't Cyrus."

She stared at him in confusion but almost immediately it clicked. "Cyrus!"

Phoenix was about to run to Cyrus when he held her back. "Don't go to her."

"Why not? She must be in danger. Leave me." She shouted. But Titan only tightened the grip.

"It is too dangerous for you. Cyrus is outraged." Phoenix didn't want to listen to him. She had to make sure Cyrus was safe. "Please don't go to her room." He said in a soft voice.

"Give me one good reason on why I must stay here." She said firmly. "Or I leave."

When Titan was silent, she pulled herself out of his grip but that didn't last for too long. "I am Tide." He uttered, not daring to look at her face.

"You're what? The talking cat?" Phoenix let out an amused laugh. "Oh yes, you are Tide and you might as well be Annette. Who am I? A girl who expected you to be the god of love. How silly could I ever get?"

He gave a weak smile. "I am sorry I kept this from you for so long. I should have-"

"No, no. Stop right there. Don't you dare utter a word." Phoenix threatened. "First you broke my mind. Then you broke into my dreams, made me hallucinate. And now you're sorry? Are you hearing yourself?"

"I am. And I am sorry. I apologise on everything I did to you, all the troubles I caused."

"Why?" She asked as she started to feel weak. Not of the consequences that she faced, but physically weak. As though her heart was slowing down.

"I wanted my revenge." He stated. "I wanted my revenge on the one who left me promising that she would return."

She swallowed hard, as she felt her throat dry up. "What does it have to do with me?"

Titan smiled again, this time a bit more enthusiastic. "I am the god of life. I give life but Than takes it. But now it changed. I can't give life anymore nor can she take it."

"What does that have to do with me?" She asked again. It seemed like time was running slower. As though everything was converging at her feet.

"I am sorry, Phoenix. I truly am." Titan said. "I wish I have much more considerateness but then, no. I must do this. There is no other choice."

"Do what, Titan?" Phoenix asked. "What do you mean by all this? What is happening to me? I don't understand."

"You are not just a super natural, Phoenix." Titan whispered. "You're something more. Something stranger. Something stronger. Something godly."

Phoenix looked at him straight in the eye. "Now you tell me I am Than. That would make a lot more sense." Titan didn't reply to her comment. "Then you say the famous quote, 'follow your dreams.' This is ridiculous."

"Please calm down, Phoenix. I would love to tell you the truth but then I am afraid. I am afraid that you might lose it. You may turn against me again."

"I was never on your side." She rebuked. "I was always against you."

"You wouldn't believe me even if I say the truth."

"I am heart broken already. I have nothing to lose."

"You are-"

The sound of footsteps turned her attention to Cyrus. "Why are you here, Hail?" She rebuked. "Why don't you go back to the jungle and spend some time with the trees and animals?"

Titan stared at the inflaming Cyrus and gasped. "No, I have to do this. I must."

"Revenge is not the only way to act against your wife. She might have lied to you. She must have left you but she will return." Cyrus said.

"She won't. She doesn't even remember me." Titan shouted at her. "She doesn't even know herself. Do you call that return? She will never return. Her past is gone with Equinox."

"She will bring it back from him." Cyrus repeated. "Trust me, she will."

"Than can't return even if she promised. She never keeps her promises nor would she return from the past if she goes with it."

"Will you stop it, Hail?" 

Little did they know that Phoenix was in suffocation. She couldn't breathe. She inhaled, she exhaled yet she felt no relief. The puzzle felt almost complete with one unknown matter. "Am I.."

She couldn't utter the words as her breath hitched almost immediately. She fell through the hole of life and death.

And it felt like there was no return.

"Where is she?" Cyrus gasped.

His voice came in the slightest whisper. "She left with the past."

THE END?

Dawn Of Citadelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें