6.

Mommy, I miss you. I hope you're doing well over there and that you're smiling a lot. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you. I hope you're proud of me so far. I haven't achieved anything yet, but I hope you can see how much I'm trying to be the person you taught me to be.

You told me to smile a lot and help anyone in need. You said to not mind what anyone said about us...that only we know our own intentions and our contentment. But it's so hard...it's harder now cus you're not with me. Sometimes I get tired and I don't know what to do but to force myself up and keep smiling. I miss you so much, it hurts. It's so lonely here.

Lisa wipes the tears away for the umpteenth time. The disappointment she felt is overwhelming, and she couldn't help the tears from overflowing. She's not even sure what she's more disappointed at really – the fact that Jungkook turned out to be exactly like the other students who looks at her with disgust, or that she could've handled it better. Or course she had that idea crossing her mind before, that he had probably heard of the rumours. But to actually hear that question from him...

It wasn't until she closed the door of her apartment that she allowed the tears to fall. Is it better to explain her situation to him? Would he even understand? Or would he look at her with the pity that she didn't need – just like Chaeyoung, Mino and Mrs Kim? Did she make the right decision by walking away like she always did, saving her pride and dignity that only she herself know? He doesn't deserve the truth – he doesn't even know you.

Oh, Lily, how could you be so stupid? Of course he's like the others! You didn't see it because you were blinded. You like him so much and you painted this perfect picture of him – this is no one's fault but yours! Why can't you see that? You've been saying it to Chae about Chanyeol all the time – how can you not think the same for yourself?

She shouldn't have walked with him. She shouldn't have let him in. She shouldn't even like him in the first place! This is not your place – you don't belong here. This is just a temporary pit-stop. You have a few months to go before it all ends, and you can move to find your home. It will be okay then.

...

"Hi Jungkook," Chaeyoung took the seat beside him. Why is she sitting here at the back row with him? Maybe Lisa told Chaeyoung what a jerk he was and Chaeyoung's here to beat him up?

"Oh...hey,"

"Are you okay? You don't look so good," Chaeyoung frowned while placing her notebook on the desk. She doesn't seem like she knew about it. If anything, she looks exactly like the usually-friendly-Chaeyoung.

"Yeah, just lacking sleep,"

"Aah..late night?"

He shrugs. He's really not up for small talks – but because it's Lisa's best friend, he just have to give in a bit. All the 'overthinking' he's done over the weekend are draining, sucking the energy out of him.

"You shouldn't sleep so late, especially on a Sunday night. I have specific routines, I can share it with you –"

"That's okay," He sighed – because looking away or changing seats might seem a bit too rude. Good thing Chaeyoung didn't notice his eye-rolling. She just giggles. The girl's always giggling, like she has no problem at all!

"I'm serious, you should really take care of yourself. Everyone's getting sick nowadays. I think there's a viral fever going around. My sister, Alice is sick...and I think my mom got it from her cus this morning she was sneezing. I just saw two girls from our class queueing by the infirmary just now. Lisa's sick as well –"

Jungkook sat up at the mention of the name. "Lisa?" She's sick? How sick?

"Mm-hmm," Chaeyoung nods. "We're supposed to meet up for brunch yesterday but she didn't show up. Oh my God, do you know who I bumped into?!" She grabbed on his arm, making him flinch. "Oops, sorry," She giggles. "You don't have a lot of girl friends, do you? Cus if you have, you won't be so jumpy when someone touches you,"