24.

He lets out a big sigh and hangs his head down, resting his forehead on the steering wheel. I knew it's gonna be a long day! What was I thinking – bringing Tzuyu along and asking her to pretend as my girlfriend? God – out of all the choices you made in your entire life, Kook – that's probably the worst! But he couldn't have known that she would be there! And his friends – how could Jisoo and Chaeyoung kept this secret from him? They've been in touch with her all these while and never thought to tell him about it?!

Still, Jungkook's subconscious is able to justify their actions internally. They probably thought it's for the best – with the way he acted when he got back from Japan 2 years ago. He had been so depressed all the time with his decision to let her go. They saw him at his worst state and they probably thought it's best if they never mention her again. Jungkook groaned to himself – frustrated at how poorly he acted in front of her just now. He didn't even say anything!

There's a knock on his window and the parking attendant waved at him. He nodded and got out immediately, taking the bouquet of flowers with him.

"Sorry sir, but the gate's almost closed,"

"I'll be quick, I promise! Please, it's really important!" The guy nodded and Jungkook ran in little steps towards his destination. The sky had turned violet, with hues of orange and yellow spreading in abstracts. He's late and it's quiet...looks like he won't get to talk to 'her' for long –

He stopped his tracks when he saw the familiar figure at the tree – still wearing the same dress - sitting on the grass with her back facing him. She's here...she left early to come here...Jungkook's heart fell at the sight. She still remembers this place. She must've missed it so much! 

What do I do – should I leave and give her some space? His feet didn't take time to think though – as they slowly make their way to her and the single standing tree. He cleared his throat a little and saw her wiping her cheeks before turning around. Her eyes widen when she found him there.

"Hi," He breathed. Her eyes glint with post-tears and she forced a smile, dipping her head a little as she looks down to the ground. "I'm sorry....I just came to um – " He gestured to the bouquet in his hands. She stares at it in silence. "I just wanna give 'her' these um..." He placed it down awkwardly at the barks. He huffed – feeling out of breath and nervous as hell – and he fidgets around, shifting from one foot to the other alternately.

"Thank you," Her soft voice croaked a little.

"Yeah it's um...it's 'her' birthday,"

A tear fell across her beautiful, small face as she closed her eyes, and he knew she's trying hard to control her emotions.

"Hey...don't cry, please," He didn't let himself think anymore and pulled her in. All he wanted is her in his arms. If she wants to cry, he wants her to cry with him. Only him.

Her shoulders shuddered, following her small sobs on his chest. Jungkook held her tighter, brushing her hair with his hand and taking in her scent. She smells exactly the same as how he remembered. How I miss you! 

It felt like the longest time since he held her like this and Jungkook suppressed the urge to cry out of finally having her back in his life. They stood there like that and he never wanted it to end. But after a while, when her sobs died down, he knew he had to let her go. 

"I – I'm sorry," She wipes her face again when she pulls herself back.

"It's okay...I understand,"

She braves a smile and looks up to him. "Thank you...for remembering her. I – I saw the flowers last year, was that from you too?"

"You were here last year?"