9.

The walk to the deli wasn't as awkward as he thought it'll be. Yes, they walked in silence at first as he didn't want to annoy her or say something that might push her away. It's apparent that she didn't want him to accompany her, which bothered him a lot because does that mean she doesn't like him around anymore? But Jungkook's determination to spend more time with her overpowered those thoughts. He wanted those soft lips on him again – preferably on his lips the next time it happens. He wonders if she knows the effect she has on him.

His mind recalls the events of last night at her house. After his awkward apologies and Lisa being too kind to a jerk like him, she had switched on the television when he made an excuse that he couldn't go back yet because he forgot the keys to his house and Jimin would only come back after 10pm. He prayed that she'd have that empathy towards him and not kick him out then – and he was right. She trusted him enough to have let him stay. In reality, he wanted to leave after she'd fallen asleep. Oh yeah, he left out the part where the cough meds is a drowsy one! He didn't mean anything by it though, he just didn't want to leave her still awake and alone. Honest!

The medicine worked fast as she fell asleep around fifteen minutes after. He laid her head down gently to the cushions and covered her with the blanket. That's when she suddenly made a grab of his right hand, holding it to her neck as if she's hugging a bolster. Jungkook didn't know what to do so he sat down on the carpet next to the sofa for a while, leaving his hand in hers, giving her the warmth he thought she needed.

But he's only human and after half an hour or so, his arm began to numb. He tried to bear with the pain for a little while longer but when he couldn't anymore, his arm decided to take over and moved by itself – causing her to stir a little. That's when she held the back of his hand to her lips and kissed it.

'Don't leave me...I like...I like you around...' She mumbles incoherently, but clear enough for him to catch the words.

Only God knows how fast his heart was beating at the sight! Nothing like that has ever happened to him – even when he was with Yeri! Jungkook practically cursed at himself – and his arms! – because if it weren't numb, he surely could've felt the heat from her lips more! Damn you, blood circulations gone wrong! And he guessed because of that, he's more confident to be holding her hand just now.

She must've felt awkward at the beginning as well. And hurt. What Yeri had said must've hurt her so much. Damn, Jungkook couldn't even contain his anger at the girl when she referred Lisa as a 'Thai prostitute'! Never – throughout the entire time that he's known the girl – that he felt so angry that he wanted to lash out on her. Not even when she was on the bed with Yugyeom! But saying that about Lisa just pushed a button in his heart and had earned her a cold stare and a piece of his mind that he felt was necessary and deserving. He felt like he doesn't know the girl anymore.

'Don't ever call her that again, you don't even know her. This is not about you. Not everything I do revolves around you. I'm over it. I don't care who you're sleeping with – who you're with, just leave me and her alone, you understand me? She's better than this – than you'

He couldn't recall her response after that – he wasn't even thinking much. He knew those remarks left her standing there in shock, but all he wanted was to go to Lisa. Thankfully, she was still in sight when he turned around. Just her presence before him made him calm. It was funny, really – he thought she was going to shout at him or something. But she looked so confused and she constantly frowned at him. And how cute was she when she huffed about, stomping around when she thought she was alone?! Damn it, Jungkook tried so hard not to laugh!

Anyways, after ten minutes of walking side by side in silence, she suddenly asked him if he's ready for the finals – a very safe topic that Jungkook didn't mind talking about. He was worried that she might ask something that has to do with Yeri. Not that he would mind sharing about what happened, he's just worried if she'll start talking about the insult earlier.