14.

*Warning: Mature Content included*

...

"Happy birthday!" Lisa shrieks as the waiter placed the cute chipmunk-head cake in front of her best friend. The other's cheeks turned pink when she realised how many heads turned to Lisa's high-pitched voice.

"Oh my God – keep it down! I'm 23, not 6!" Chaeyoung gapes at her.

"Doesn't matter if you're 50. We'll still celebrate your birthday like this! Now smile to the camera," Lisa held the phone closer to Chaeyoung's face.

"Aww...thank you....for this cute – this cute – bear?"

"It's a chipmunk, Chae! It's you!"

"Huh? It doesn't look like a chipmunk...the ears are not the same,"

"It's a chipmunk! The name's Chocolate Chipmunk!"

"Can't believe you're asking me to eat my own kind – and it doesn't even look like one!"

"Try it!!" Lisa puts down the phone after she uploaded the video to her Instagram story. Chaeyoung takes a bite and her eyes widen. "Is it good?"

"So good!! Shit – there goes my diet!"

Lisa laughs. "It's your birthday – no one diets on their birthday,"

"Easy for you to say, you never gain weight no matter how much you eat. I – on the other hand – will have to go to the gym for 5 days straight just to get rid of this –"

"Pshh...nonsense! You look great," Lisa took a bite when Chaeyoung offered her the spoon. The rich taste of dark chocolate and velvety texture melts in her mouth immediately. "Woahhh...so good! And it's not too sweet –"

"Right?!" Chaeyoung keeps stuffing the cake into her mouth and sighed. "That's it. I don't need a boyfriend – I'll just have this for the rest of my life!" They both laughed.

"And me!" Lisa took a small box from her sling bag and hands it over. Chaeyoung's mouth drops open in a big smile, holding her hands in a fist and flailing them over her shoulders.

"This – no, oh my God –" She opened it to find a beautiful silver, heart-shaped pendant. "It's...it's the one I showed you....Lisa-yaaaa...." Oh no, is she gonna cry?!

"Chae, don't –"

"But it's Ted Baker! It must've cost a lot – you didn't have to – I was gonna get it myself!"

"Hey, I can afford it okay! Why do you think I work so hard? Cus my girlfriend is expensive and I need to keep her happy –"

"Yahhh I'm serious!! I know how much you earn –"

"Put it on! Let's see how it looks on you!" Lisa cuts her off by acting like an excited puppy. Chaeyoung sighed and fix the pendant around her neck. She looks down, rubbing on the little heart and her eyes twinkles.

"Aww...so pretty! Wait, lemme take a picture," Lisa unlocks her phone and points the camera towards Chaeyoung – who's still looking down, admiring the piece. She knew Chaeyoung would love it. They were walking around the shopping mall earlier this month when her friend saw and fell in love with the pendant. Lisa had been doing double her shifts at the National Library since then – determined to gift it to her. And with the way Chaeyoung is looking right now, it was definitely worth it!

"Yahh you make me feel so bad now...I only bought you those silly yellow flats last year –"

"Those pretty flats that I wanted," Lisa corrected her, raising an eyebrow as she does so. "You got me what I wanted, and I got you what you wanted. We're even!"