27.

She's sitting cross-legged in her living room. Wearing a baby blue hoodie, she looked exactly like how she was when he first met her. She grabbed her cat, Leo, and hugged him close to her cheek. Her blonde bangs peeks out messily as she kissed the poor cat that's struggling our of her hold. She looks up to him and smiled, squeezing those big brown eyes and soft cheeks that he adores so much.

Now she's in the kitchen – wearing a white shirt that looked too big on her – and nothing else. Must be his! He peeked over to see what she's making. Pancakes. He hugs her from behind and she laughed, struggling to be let out. When she failed, she turns around and plants a kiss on his nose.

Jungkook woke up to the sound of his alarm. Hmm...that was a good dream... He stretches his limbs out on the bed. Finally! A day when I'm not late and attacked by a freaking migraine! See why you should stop drinking on a weekday? Yeah, yeah – whatever! He pulls himself up and took off his shirt to shower. He halted when he stepped on a paper. Aish...

9-12-01.

He frowned. Why is this number so familiar? Is it a date that he was supposed to remember? But it's July – that doesn't add up... It can't be a phone number, there's not enough digits. It seemed more like a house number...who's house though? Couldn't be his neighbours – all their units have alphabets at the front.

He tries hard to recall. He knew this from somewhere – it bugs the hell out of him that he can't rem –

Jungkook stood frozen for a second or two. Then in full speed he ran across the room and out to the elevator. His anxious feet shook itself, waiting impatiently for the door to open and when it does – he pressed 'L' repeatedly as if it would somehow make the thing move faster. When it opens again to the lobby foyer, he ran towards the concierge. The guy looks at him weirdly – probably because he's topless – but he didn't care.

"The girl you said gave this to you – did she tell you her name?"

"Um...no sir,"

Jungkook paced in small steps – back and forth.

"Do you remember what she looks like?"

The guy looks up, trying to recall – but shook his head apologetically. Jungkook sighed. "Oh...I can't remember her exact features, but I remember thinking 'she looks like a doll!' – you know...one of those kids' collectibles...with big eyes –"

"Hah!" Jungkook laughed out and the guy jumped a little. "She does right? Really pretty right?!" Why are you shouting – the guy's gonna call for help if you don't stop! "Thank you! I could kiss you – "

"That's not necessary sir –"

...

He wipes the few drop of sweats with the back of his hand. The elevator dings and halts, then opens to reveal the corridor. His eyes wanders too fast, scanning around as his feet makes their way to the left and the door. He looks up to the plate. 9-12-01. It's her! It's definitely from her! But..where's the cat-vase?

The front door seems empty. Oh no...is he too late?! Jungkook pressed the bell once, then for the second time when no one opened it. He knocked anxiously, repeatedly. Still – no sign of anyone. He groaned, placing both hands in his hair. You're late – you're too fucking late! She probably moved everything out already! Told you not to drink so much on a week – shut the fuck up!!

It was always a little early – a little surprising – a little late. Nothing was 'just right' from the very beginning, isn't it? He knew this. He should be moving on, remember? Why is he still nervous as if he's expecting more? After everything he had said to her, she probably came to say goodbye properly – or to shout back at him. Well...she was right to leave without any words before. He didn't think he'd be able to let her go if she were to be there...in front of him.