26.

He occupied himself since morning – finding things to do and butting into unnecessary things he shouldn't even deal with, making everyone nervous the entire day. His mood wasn't great – no, that was an understatement – his mood is as shitty as it could get! To top it off, he had no appetite to eat anything so he'd been surviving the day only by drinking coffee and at this point of day he's just agitated.

The office is quiet now as everyone had left. Jungkook closed his Macbook and rubs his face. His phone rings and it's his mother. Oh God –

'Mom,'

'Where are you?'

'Office,'

'Why are you still there? We've been waiting for you since evening,'

'Hmm?'

"Aish Goo...first you made her come to the house with a cab – you can't even take the time to send her here yourself and now –'

He hears a soft voice at the background and her mother's complaining gets smaller.

'Hi,' He held his breath at the sound of her soft voice. It's cool, Kook. It takes time...one day you'll – 

'I'll wait for you here okay? You can come after you're done with work,' She sounded casual – probably because mom is there. Jungkook sighed.

It takes time. You'll be fine soon. It'll be better when she's gone back to Osaka. It's easier to move on that way. Just suck it up for tonight.

...

He forced a smile to his mom as he gets out of the car. Lisa is standing next to her, waiting for him. He had purposely called to let them know he's nearby so he wouldn't have to go inside. He couldn't show much of his face – he looked like shit! His mom would definitely questioned him non-stop if he were to get under the lights!

"Why are you wearing like this to the office, aish this kid!" His mom slapped his shoulder and Jungkook smirked. Yeah, I didn't went back to change – who dares to question me at work?!

"Have you eaten? Do you wanna eat first?" Lisa politely asked. He shrugged and nodded – avoiding any eye-contact with her.

"Bye, mom. Love you," He kissed his mom's cheeks – not really paying attention to the woman's mumbles and complaints – then head to open the door for Lisa. The girl stepped in and he came in after. He took a deep breath to calm the heavy thuds in his chest and speeds off.

"Where do I send you to?" He asked when they reached the main road.

"Um...your place...my stuff is there –" Oh...so she didn't leave? That's good...at least she's safe at his house – stop being so concerned, it's not your place! 

...

He switched on the lights and heard the door clicked behind him. He went straight to his bedroom and to his wardrobe, pulling out a towel, a shirt and a pajama pants. He noticed her figure standing by the bedroom door – facing him - but he kept his eyes fixed on the floor, determined to not look her in the eyes and fall into the galaxy they hold.

"You can have the room," He muttered and walks out to the opposite side and into his study room, closing the door behind him. He rarely has guests around in his apartment so he never thought how necessary it is for him to have a guestroom and equip the bathroom with equal utilities – now he can only curse at himself for such stupidity. Well, how would I know if I'm ever gonna need it?!

He looks around. Thankfully, he has a small couch in here. He'll just sleep there later.

...

And by sleep he meant eyes wide open in an uncomfortable position and thinking about her for the past 2 hours. He's pretty sure the universe is laughing its ass off at him right now! How is it possible that she'd made him the happiest man alive just only 2 days ago, and now here he is – a man filled with sadness and self-loathing – just...how?!