10.

Jungkook took off the sweater he'd been wearing. His shirt is now damped with sweat. He's been sitting at the pavement in front of her apartment lobby for two hours now, all the while hoping that he'd see her after she finishes babysitting Emily. If only he had kept his composure well yesterday – but nooo, you just had to be a jerk again and left her there, crying by herself! Really, how many times can you fuck things up with this girl?!

Jungkook brushed off the negative thoughts immediately. Yes, he was a stupid, anxiety-driven, nervous-wreck yesterday! He got caught up with his own emotions that he didn't even consider hers. It's perfectly reasonable for her to have doubts - he did spent quite a whole lot of efforts to care for her when she was sick, then he went on to just simply grabbed her hand in his when they just became friends - who does that?? Only thing is, he only realised it when he got back home! He still have no idea why she'd think he's into Chaeyoung when Chaeyoung herself knew how he likes Lisa! 

But anyways, here he is, determined to explain and fix Lisa's impression on him...again – even if he has to sit here for the whole day – he'll take his chances! The weather wasn't on his side too, being particularly hot at this time of day. There's wasn't even much breeze for him to cool off. It's like a hot summer when it's already close to winter! Come to think of it, the autumn weather has been quite weird this year. Correction - it's only weird whenever he's meeting Lisa. Is this a sign from the universe that he should just give up?

He sighs and looks up to find the girl standing a few feet away, staring at him. He got up immediately, fixing his bag strap while he does so. Cautiously, she makes her way to him. Jungkook's heart beats faster by the second. Will she chase him away? Fuck - why do you always have that question in mind? He knew the answer to that - it's because he's such an idiot when it comes to girls!

"What are you doing here?"

"I –" His mouth felt dry and he clears his throat. "I was waiting for you. I didn't know what time you'd come back from, you know –"

"How long have you been sitting here?"

"Not that long," He didn't want her to feel bad or anything. It was his fault in the first place. "Lisa, I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry –" She spoke at the same time as him.

"No, it's my fault – I overreacted and I didn't know –"

"I'm sorry I asked you all those things –"

"No, you're right for asking," It calms him a bit to know that she wasn't as mad at him as he thought she would be. And the way she looks down shyly to her feet makes his heart flutter. "I'm sorry I was so bad at explaining myself – I didn't mean to shout, I wasn't mad at you,"

"It's okay. I'm sorry too,"

They both look down on the ground, grinning. "So um...where do you wanna learn bout the editing?" Please say somewhere near – he couldn't stand the heat much longer.

"Oh..." She paused, thinking. "Can we do it upstairs? I've been walking with Emily since morning so I might need to freshen up a bit," He feels more sweat dripping down on his back. Being alone with her when she was an invalid was fine with him but now -

The weather is always weird whenever he's meeting her. It's a sign. It's a fucking sign and even if it's not, Jungkook will take it as a sign!

"Okay, yeah....y-your place – yeah, upstairs is good – sounds good," Why are you stuttering?! Thankfully, Lisa didn't seem to notice as she leads him into the building.

...

Lisa opens the door and the smell of fresh lavender fills his nostrils,bringing back the memories from 2 days ago. The house seems brighter andJungkook noticed that she had pinned the curtains on the sides – letting in thenatural lights from outside.