06. | 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟

''Oh. My. God."

Standing in front of a huge bookcase filled with comics and books about Captain America, Phil could say that sick leave isn't so bad actually. Thanks to his broken arm, he now had plenty of time to do everything he wanted.

''Are you going to cry?" asked Melinda, who Phil miraculously managed to get to the library with him. A broken arm was more beneficial than he had ever expected.

''I think so."

''Okay then, I don't want to watch this. I'm going to look around," she patted him on the shoulder, and then went to another section.

Though he already had a big part of the comics in his collection, Coulson was over the moon. When half an hour later he picked up as many books as only one functional hand would allow him, he began looking for his companion. He found her in the reading section, sitting at one of the desks and leaning over the book.

Phil came closer and looked at her in silence for a moment. Sensing his eyes on her, May lifted her head and raised an eyebrow. ''What?" she asked. ''Surprised that I can read, too?"

''You're wearing glasses," he said as if he wasn't quite sure if his eyes were playing tricks on him. May shrugged unconcernedly.

''And what about it?"

''I've known you for a few years now and I had no idea you have reading glasses."

''You don't know many things about me, yet."

She returned to the book, and Phil accepted it in his mind as a personal challenge to change this fact.