30. | 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑒𝑎𝑐𝘩 𝑜𝑡𝘩𝑒𝑟

''Good morning," Daisy said, entering the kitchen and rubbing her still sleepy eyes. Phil finished his coffee and put a cup in the machine for one more.

''Good morning, Daisy. Want some coffee?" he asked.

''Yes, please." Daisy sat on a chair at the kitchen table and began watching Coulson take her favorite cup out of the cupboard. She was living in their house for several days now. She offered to keep Phil and Melissa company while May was gone for a mission. He agreed, knowing that it would be difficult for him while his wife was away, especially that they hadn't separated for so long since their daughter's bitrh. ''How long are you up?"

''An hour, maybe two," he answered with a shrug and put a cup of steaming coffee in front of Daisy. ''I couldn't sleep."

The girl looked at him with empathy. ''She can take care of herself, Coulson, you don't have to worry about her so much. She must've kicked all their asses there by now," she blinked and took a sip of the drink.

He sighed, reaching for his cup. ''I know. I just miss her, you know."

''I get it, Liss and I miss her, too. But May will be back any day now. I think we can survive some more time withought her, right?" The corners of his mouth lifted slightly upwards.

''I think so."

After a few minutes they heard the patter of small feet upstairs and then on the hall. Melissa ran into the kitchen in her panda pajamas.

''Hi, daddy! Hi, Daisy!" she said, and then hugged her dad and older sister.

''Hello, Liss!"

''Good morning, sweetie," Phil kissed his daughter on the cheek. ''What would you like to eat for breakfast?"

The girl thought for a moment. ''Waffles with whipped cream."

''Oh, yes. Waffles are a great idea," Daisy joined. Phil laughed.

''Okay, then, let's eat waffles. But I'll need some help with making them. Meilin, dear, could you..."

Before he could finish, there was a sudden sound of turning the key in the lock and opening the front door.

Phil and Daisy froze, and Melissa's eyes widened with excitement. She ran to the door almost as fast as an arrow.

''Mommy! You're back!"

''Meilin! Hello, my beautiful baby girl! I missed you so much!"

Phil's face lit up with a wide smile.

Melinda came back home. Everything was alright again.