26. | 𝑎𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑦

On Saturday evening, Melinda, Phil and Melissa were sitting on the sofa in the living room, watching TV. Melissa was sitting cross-legged, staring at the cartoon and eating warm popcorn while Phil was reading the book and Melinda checking the messages on her phone.

After a while, the woman put the phone down on the coffee table and stretched her back, yawning. "Alright, I'm going to take a shower," she said, getting up from the couch and tousling her daughter's hair. ''Better finish your popcorn, because you're next in line."

''Okay," the girl answered, putting several grains into her mouth at once.

Melinda shook her head in amusement, and then headed upstairs. The shower she took was slightly longer than planned. She just couldn't resist the warm water, which pleasantly warmed her skin and relaxed after a day. When she finished, she threw a bathrobe on her pajamas and went to the stairs.

''Meilin, it's shower time!" she called, leaning out. Silence was her only answer. ''Sweetheart!" Without getting the answer again, May frowned and went downstairs to look for her child.

The light in the living room was dim. The TV was off and the speakers were playing quiet, calm music. The table, on which two plates with steaming food and glasses appeared out of nowhere, was decorated with rose petals and candles.

''Do you like it?" asked Phil, who suddenly appeared behind her. Melinda turned to him, surprised.

''Phil, what's this?"

''Don't tell me you thought I'll forget," he said, placing his hands on her hips and pulling her closer. He put a sweet kiss on her lips and smiled. ''Happy wedding anniversary, Melinda."

May looked again at the table and only now noticed that there was a bottle standing on it, the bottle she knew so well. She smiled to herself. Haig. Of course.

''Happy anniversary to you, too," she answered and kissed him. She looked around. ''But where is our daughter, Phil?"

''Daisy is taking care of her. She'll bring her home tomorrow morning, which means we have all night to ourselves."

''So Daisy is involved in this too?"

''Kind of," he winked and she laughed at him. Their lips joined again, and they only pulled apart only when they ran out of air. Neither of them wanted to go to sleep anymore.

''So," May began, unbuttoning Coulson's shirt. She nodded toward the table and bit her lower lip charmingly, knowing it was driving him crazy. ''You wanna eat, or..."

''I think I want something else now," he answered, moving closer to her so that only the material of their clothes was separating them. Their hearts and breaths sped up as they sucked on each other again.

They didn't make it to the bedroom.