18. | 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑛𝑒𝑦𝑙𝑎𝑛𝑑

''Can I go there?"

''No, honey. You're still too small for that roller coaster."

''What about that one?"

''That one is too fast. You would vomit like a cat afterwards." Melinda knealt down in front of the not so happy Melissa and put a lock of hair behind her ear. ''How about a Star Wars zone, huh? I heard that you can buy the truest lightsaber there," she suggested. The girl winced and shook her head.

''Nah," she said and walked away. Melinda shook her head as she stood up.

''I can't believe she's really my child."

''Why? Because she doesn't like Star Wars just like you do?" Coulson asked, surprised. ''You know, she may like whatever she wants."

''Yes, but she should have got the gene of love for Star Wars from me." She shrugged. ''Maybe someone swapped her when we weren't looking."

Before they could start walking again, Melissa ran to them and grabbed Phil's hand. She pointed at the booth with stuffed animals to win.

''There is a huge, pink unicorn I've always dreamed of, but you have to shoot down all the cans to win it," she said excitedly and looked at the man with her puppy's eyes. ''Can you win it for me, daddy? Pretty please."

''Don't worry, dear," he answered, smiling. ''Your dad can shoot things very well. That unicorn is yours already."

All three of them came over to the booth. Phil paid a young girl and grabbed a toy gun to shoot down a pile of cans, and Melissa held her breath as if her life depended on winning it. Thanks to two accurate shots, all cans fell to the ground.

The girl screamed with joy. ''You did it!"

''Told you," Phil winked at his daughter, handing her the pink unicorn, which was almost as big as her. She grinned and put her arms around it.

''Thank you, daddy."

''Phil!" Melinda called and pointed to another booth. She looked at him with the same puppy eyes that Melissa had used a few moments ago. ''Can you see that plush Baby Yoda over there? I want it."

Without waiting for his answer, she grabbed the girl's hand and began to walk towards the second booth. Phil shook his head in amusement and followed them.

''Anything for my princesses."