17. | 𝑐𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔

''I'm home!"

Three women bustling around in the kitchen suddenly froze - Melinda and Melissa with their hands in dough, Daisy mixing the filling in a bowl. They all exchanged worried looks saying "What now?" Daisy set the bowl aside and quickly washed her hands in the kitchen sink.

''I'll take care of it," she whispered, and then left the room. Melinda and Melissa could hear her greet Phil in the hall. ''Hey, Coulson."

''Daisy. Hey, May didn't tell me you were going to visit us today."

''I missed you, guys. She probably forgot to tell you."

''You're propably right. Where is she, by the way? I bought the cough medicine for Meilin she was asking for."

'' Uhm, she's with her. Both are busy and wanted not to disturb them."

''But she needs to see if the medicine..."

''I'm sure it's good. You can show it to me."

''Since when do you know so much about medicines for children?"

''Since today. Come on, let's see together."

Little by little the voices died down, and Melinda and Melissa breathed a sigh of relief.

''It was close," the girl sighed.

''Very close. Fortunately, the cake is almost ready." May picked up Daisy's bowl and poured the filling from it onto the cake and then put it in the oven. ''Done!"

''Yay!" Melissa jumped in place. She covered her mouth with her hand when she was started coughing. Melinda patted her gently on the back.

''Let's clean up the kitchen and go to daddy for this medicine. You can't be sick, you have to give him a gift for Father's Day."

The girl nodded her head. ''Okay."

''Good. Let's start cleaning up this mess."