10. | 𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔

Slow music was playing, but they didn't hear it.

All the guests werw watching them with emotions, but they didn't care.

Him in a black suit and her in a white dress. Just as they dreamed of. And as it should have happened a long time ago.

They were dancing slowly, hugging each other and staring at each other, as if they couldn't see anything around, as if nothing else mattered in the world.

Because, at this moment, it really didn't.

''I still can't believe it," without stepping back an inch, Melinda whispered so softly that Phil could hardly heard her.

''In what exactly?" he asked, rocking them gently to the rhythm of the song.

''All of this. n everything. That I finally have a family. That I have you. That I'm standing here with you as your wife now. I can't believe how lucky I am. I still think it's just a beautiful dream that I will wake up from." She raised her head slightly to meet his eyes. ''I don't want to wake up, Phil."

''It's not a dream, Melinda. I promise I'll do everything in my power to prove it to you every day."

He kissed her on top of her head and wrapped his arms around her even more tightly, letting her hide in them like a child. None of them spoke anymore. They didn't have to. They have learned to pass on their thoughts and feelings without using words long ago.

They danced in the middle of the dance floor long after the song ended, knowing that they were just starting a new, truly shared path in their lives.