14. | 𝑏𝑢𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑎 𝘩𝑜𝑢𝑠𝑒

''Come here, May! You need to see this bedroom, it's great!"

It was the fifth house she and Phil saw that day, and Melinda could barely stand. A huge, pregnant belly and swollen ankles weren't helping in moving, too. Ignoring Phil's call, she sat on the couch and sighed heavily.

''May?" Coulson called again from the stairs. ''Are you alright?"

''I'm fine," she answered. ''Just got a little tired."

Phil ran down to the living room. He sat next to her on the couch and grabbed her hand in his. ''We can leave already, if you want to."

She shook her head. ''No, we need to choose something."

''We don't have to do this today, though. You can't take too much on yourself, you know that."

''I know, but the delivery is in two weeks, Phil." She put a hand on her stomach protectively. She smiled when she felt a gentle kick. ''And I don't want to give birth on the damn plane. Our child deserve decent conditions to be born."

''And it'll have these," Coulson assured, smiling reassuringly. ''No matter where, you'll always have me and Jemma by your side. You can handle it regardless of the surroundings."

''I just want our child to have a real home."

''I know that," he said and joined their hands on her stomach. ''But remember that home is not just a place. It's also the people you surround yourself with. And our little baby girl will have plenty of people around her."

''You're propably right," she sighed.

''Of course I am." At the same moment, the baby kicked slightly again. Phil poked Melinda's belly gently with his finger. ''See? She agrees." May just laughed and kissed him.

On the same day they agreed with the estate agent to sign a contract to buy the house they were visiting last, for another week.

Melissa Lian May-Coulson was born a week before the delivery date and just one day before buying the house, on the board of Zephyr One, eleven thousand meters above the ground.