Chapter 8

After the summer camp, Shimizu still wasn't able to find a partner. She does have someone in mind, but she doubts that the person will choose her. Afterall, it doesn't have to be her.

And ever since the summer camp, she requested to have a separate room from two of her friends to Hyuga and the headmaster.

When they asked her why, all she answered was, "I want some time alone."

Luckily, there was a spare room which was further away from the dorms and Shimizu moved there. Shibuya and Nanami reluctantly let her go.

One night, when she was deep in thought, a knock on her door had interrupted her. She puts on her mask before she goes to open the door. She was surprised to see Nanami outside her room with a sullen look.

"Come in, Haru..." Shimizu led her inside and poured a cup of hot tea for her friend.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be asleep?" She asked, sitting next to her friend on the bed.

"What about you, Kotone-chan? You're still awake..." Nanami said, noticing the dark circles under her friend's eyes.

"Ah... A lot of things have been going through my mind. But you don't have to worry about it. So, mind telling me why you're here?" She didn't want her friend to worry about her.

"I don't know what to do..." Nanami started.

"Do what?"

"I don't know who to choose..."

Ah... The guys chose her to become her partner. But she can't choose. Of course.

"Like I said, Haru. It's your decision and I will support you."

"But I can't choose one of them!" Shimizu was surprised at her friend's sudden outburst.

"They helped me a lot... And I can't just choose one of them... And the deadline is tomorrow..."

Right... The deadline is tomorrow...

"Why not just form a group." Shimizu told her.

"Huh?"

"Just form a group of six. You're talented. I'm sure you can do it."

"A group..."

"Yeah."

"Kotone-chan..."

"Hm?"

"Why does no one choose you?" Nanami's question suddenly made Shimizu turn to her in surprise.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You're talented yourself. Why didn't they choose you? Why did they choose me instead?" Nanami was starting to tear up a little.

Shimizu let out an audible sigh. It was painful, but she has to say this.

"Haru. There's a reason why they choose you instead of me." Shimizu said softly.

"Why? You're amazing, you always scored the top. The students were saying how awesome you are!"

"But I lack what you have!" Shimizu shouted at her friend for the first time.

"H-huh?" Nanami stared at her friend, confused and slightly terrified to see this side of hers.

"Your songs are totally different than mine! You may not know this, but your songs move people's hearts! Your songs are able to change anybody! YOU! You are able to change anyone!" Shimizu ranted, ignoring the fact that it was late at night and she could wake anyone up.