Chapter 11

Kato Kotone was walking along the Master Course's female dormitory. She was heading back to her new room to get her guitar.

And the thing is, she'll be having her own room and not sharing it with her ex-roommate, Nanami Haruka.

When she arrived in front of her room and was about to enter, she saw her childhood friend who had come out from another room.

Curious, she asked him.

"What are you doing at the female dormitory, Masa?"

Startled, Hijirikawa Masato turned towards his friend in a slightly flustered state.

"The movers told me to show Nanami's stuff to her room. Since it was dusty, I couldn't help myself to do some cleaning for her."

"Hmm. And you're not helping me?" Kato gave him a fake pout.

"I-I'll help you later..." Hijirikawa stuttered.

"Haha, it's fine. I've finished unpacking anyways." Kato waved off and before she entered her room, she stopped and turned to him once again.

"See you later, Masa."

"Yeah. See you later."

After Kato took her acoustic guitar, she decided to head to the lounge to play it. Seeing that no one was there and not missing the opportunity, she sat at one of the couches and started playing a song that she recently composed.

She closed her eyes as she strummed the strings and as the music went on, she sang out the melody without any lyrics.

The sound of the guitar and her voice resonated throughout the whole building, and those who heard it, were too engrossed by it.

Unknown to her, members of Starish were already by the lounge as they continued to listen to her playing. And seeing that Kato was too absorbed into her music to notice anything, Jinguji Ren took this chance to sit next to her.

The others, of course, weren't too happy about it.

When Kato had finished her playing, she was startled by Jinguji's husky voice.

"You have a wonderful voice there, Little Rose. It's a shame that you aren't an idol."

"Holy s***! You scared me!" Kato suddenly cursed at him. "Since when were you here?!"

"Halfway through your song. Your song is really amazing, Kotone!" Ittoki Otoya grinned at her while leaning himself on the grand piano.

"Oh my God... That's so embarrassing..." Kato said, flustered, as she put away her guitar.

"You have a really nice voice there, Kotone." Ichinose Tokiya gave a sincere smile towards her.

"Don't say that, Tokiya!" Kato whined while the others chuckled at her cute reaction. Her personality was starting to change a little.

"It's true, Kotone." Hijirikawa smiled.

Kato just sighed loudly and laid her head on the back of the couch.

"You can lean on my shoulder, Little Rose." Jinguji suggested.

"No thanks. You're lucky enough I didn't push you away." She was right. Jinguji was glad that the girl didn't push him off the couch.

"I'm so excited." Ittoki suddenly said. "Just like our days at the academy..."

"Our new life is beginning." Hijirikawa added as he sat on the piano stool.

"Under the same roof as the Little Lamb and Little Rose." Jinguji said, putting his arms behind his back.

Hijirikawa immediately glared at him while Kato just scoffed in disgust.