Chapter 8

The Beginning (Part 3)

[April 28, 2020]- 11:05 pm

*Ring, ring*

*Ri-

"The number you've dialed is not in service."

'Sh*t, I can't reach mom!' I clench my phone, hugging my knees to my chest. Four hours ago, the loud explosion was caused by not only cars collision but also other explosive things that cause some buildings to go aflame, which made a lot of sense. After all, walkers are roaming around the city and biting the flesh of the people out in the streets.

'Great... At least I was prepared for this, but I'm still afraid of going outside.'

As I'm on my couch, worrying over my mom, who's not going to come home anytime soon. I sigh, praying she's safe somewhere... More importantly the book didn't mention if Sophina 'mom' was able to survive the apocalypse since she is just an extra character as 'Leana Mom'.

Even if mom was an extra character in this book nor the people in this world are either a mob or main, I don't care because they are not just a character in the book that is only fated to die. But also these characters had feelings too and of course, they don't want to die, just like I am... And I want to live and my mom to live.

Since I can't call her, I will just leave a message that I'm safe and telling her to go to Greenyard Village first, which is outside the Skyrocket City and probably far from here. The male lead and the supporting characters was able to survive a year was because of this village. And the only place that I know is safe in the book.

The village has strong and tall cement walls around the place, protecting them from outsiders. And has military camping and guarding them, which is very convenient and was led by General William Grunger. A character in the book who helped the male lead and his friends, then lead them safely into his village.

The general owned the village was because his wife Maria Mae Grunger is a mayor and CEO of Greeny Farmville with a vegetable farm and animal farm. Quite amazing how these place able to survive and peacefully living there without struggling to find food. Thus this place will be the safest point for my mom and also to me... If I'm able to leave in this city alive.

But first and foremost, I need to find Professor Rhea after my 3 months stay in this apartment. And one thing I know about her location is that... She's still in her lab maybe half a year, precisely 6 months before the lab was swarmed by those walking dead creatures. Making her no choice, but to leave the place and make an escape, which that time she also met the male lead by chance, and pitifully saved him by becoming a bait and foolishly got killed by the zombies.

And I can not allow that to happen, once my 3 months stay is over. I will go and find her because she is the only good scientist and the smartest one, who could probably create a cure with my DNA.

I stand and grab my chips in the cabinet and eats it while I find myself relaxing, ignoring the scream, and shouts outside my door, acting as nothing happened at all.

'Not all transmigrates are a saint.'

---------------------------------------------

Buns are speaking:

I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of boring... But it doesn't matter! The story continues...