Chapter 22

Not Staying (Part 3)

[August 23, 2020]- 3:07 am

'Ugh... I can't sleep' I sigh while leaning on the pillow, then looks at my side and saw Stella sleeping, and cuddling my left arm.

That morning... was terrifying and I keep having nightmares on that 'big thing', I shivered in cold of that thought and wrap myself in blankets.

'I didn't know, how the heck did that thing exist. But all I know is that the book never mentions about it.' I thought as I stare up the ceiling, trying to remember every plot of the book.

Did I do some butterfly effect or... Someone like me, did transmigrate here and do something stupid. On the second thought, I feel like someone transmigrate here, but I can't confirm it yet... Oh well, never mind about it and just focus on my main goal, which is on how to get to the lab before them.

As my mind wanders, I turn to my side gently for comfort, not disturbing Stella and closes my eyes to sleep...

'...'

'Argh! I can't sleep and I don't feel sleepy at all! Stupid nightmares!' I opened my eyes and frustratingly scratching my hair. Since I can not sleep, I decide to take a walk outside, but not before I gently pull Stella away and properly cover her in blankets, and wore my leather jacket.

I gently close the door behind me and walk into the dark long hallway. Since its still night, the lights in the hallway were shut off due to saving light, which is very much understandable and the hallways look scary in night, since its dark and cold...

'Where is the exit again?' I thought looking around for the exit-not the main exit where you are literary outside and vulnerable to any dangers. Since this base is protected in a metal bar fortress, and what I'm finding for, is the small resting park of this place. But then again, I'm still not good at directions yet and is right now lost in the long hallways with several doors, to which I don't even know where it leads to.

'If I ever meet Jasmine and her teams again, I should ask them for the base map, since I keep losing directions.' I thought, making a note for that and tiredly sigh, while being lost in these long hallways and wrap my arms around me for warmth. Minutes later, I saw a big double door and curiously walk closer to it, and lean on the metal thing for any signs of noise or sound.

'Hm... Is this the way to the park?' I thought, still deciding whether I should enter or not. But then the desperate call for a fresh air made me and I slowly open the door, while checking for anyone out. Luckily no one is outside, I then close the door behind me and starts slowing my pace, as I take time enjoying the breeze and view of trees surrounding me.

'Huh~ I'm still lucky on how I was able to find this small park.' I hum happily and lay in the grass, then rolls around like a child and plays the soft narrow leaves.

'Maybe next time, I should bring Stella with me for a kind of picnic.' I imagine how happy Stella would be if I invite her for a small picnic here. Welp, I cannot wait to show her around the park and also to make sure I get the base map for precaution that we don't get lost- mostly me.

As I feel the cold breeze gently passing me, I widely spread my arms and my legs to my comfort, and closed my eyes in peace...

"Didn't I tell you to give me more time!" A deep voice shouted.

'What the!' I quickly open my eyes and quickly hides in the bush, which I'm thankful that they have bushes around here.

"Remember, she's not staying there for long!" The voice angrily said while I try pushing leaves out of my eyes to see the angry person.

"Whatever, it won't be too long and you can have her." I then hear beeping noises of the phone, which I assume that the guy was already off the call and is texting for messages.. 'Who the chips, was he angry for?" I thought, trying to clear my view and to see who's that person is, but unfortunately before I can see the figure...

'Slam!' the door was then heavily shut.

Gosh, I wasn't able to see him! And that voice was very familiar, but I can't figure who is he... I just sigh, still confused about who that person is. 'Was he on his period? Welp, I never heard a male period anyway.'

Since I was pretty much sure tired and sleepy, I then left the park and went back to my room. But what chilly thing I didn't know was that someone was coldly watching me from behind.

----------------------

Hello Guys!

Soon... Aspira will know who's that person is. But anyways, I'm still thankful for the votes and for the readers who keep reading this book, even though the grammars are not so amazing! XD