Chapter 14

I Trust You (Part 3)

[June 7, 2020]- 7:30 am

"Stella, wake up. We're leaving." I said to the little blonde girl beside me, "O-okay..." she opened her sunny eyes as she stretches her limbs, I then grab the bag behind me and holds the pruning shears.

"Stella", I called her as I prepare myself to leave the room, "Stella?" I call her again, it seems like last night was still bothering her or something. After all this little kid, Stella Bee Druffle lives her 2 years living in her abusive uncle and auntie, the one I met in the convenience store and those idiot thieves. When her parents died in an accident, she was put to live with her other relatives, but it didn't end that well since they use her, some kind of charity donation. Like faking that she has cancer or disease in order to get pity from other people and of course sending money to them, those bastards live very well after all the things they did to her, making the poor girl get traumatized and can only unwilling follow their orders even when theirs apocalypse they still abuse her.

'Gladly, I found her and if not... I guess that would never happen as long as she stays with me.' I gaze softly at the girl behind me, then went to her and pats her head. I never had a sibling before, but this feeling is very nice.

"Hey, you're safe with me. And I would never let those bastards get to you, okay?" My hazel eyes look into her sunny ones, "T-thank you..." She softly said, holding one of my arms as we prepare to leave, "You know... I should be the one to thank you for telling me about yourself last night, after all, I'm not good at trusting others but I couldn't help, to want to trust you instead." I told her, holding tightly the small little arms in my hands.

"S-sister Asp-pira, I trust you." I was touch that she trusted me more than I am. Even if we met for one day, that one day hell after I leave my apartment. It was worth trouble, after meeting this kid. I guess I don't feel alone anymore...

"Okay, let's go." I happily said and cautiously opens the door as we leave the place quietly, not even attracting the walkers since silence is the key to escape more than killing a dozen to escape. I'm not someone who really likes to waste more energy, especially I just need gas and we can just peacefully leave the city to find Professor Rhea.

After long hours of walking silently, we found gas in the car wash and then going back to my vehicle in the success of getting fuel for the car.

I went into the driver seat, putting my bag in the back with my other things. And Stella seated herself in the passenger seat. "Kid were going to the lab," I said, turning on the vehicle as Stella nodded, knowing my plans. Well, last night was a long talk, after all, I did tell her a bit about me and my plans. Anyways, I steer the wheels, driving us out in the city. While focusing on the street, I turn on the radio, hoping for news out there.

"This is Samuel Hoppers speaking, everyone who's listening right now is lucky. Because I have good news to tell."

'Good news?' I thought, getting interested while steering the wheels.

"There's a military camp near the Mud River Tale and everyone out there is welcome here. Even bitten or not since we have Professor Hooke for the cure."

'What?! Okay, I know his out there looking for me, but the book didn't even state to where his actual location is... All I know is that his base would be somewhere that is mud. I guess it has been answered since this Sammy guy already reveals his location.'

"M-military camp?" Stella was curious and surely interested in going there, but I keep quiet and just focus on the ride. "C-can we g-go, A-".

"No... and never will we go there." I cut her off, making it clear that were not going to that place. Stella didn't pry anymore, disappointed she lean in the seat and looks out the window.

I change the radio and finds old music playing. I listen to the music as we peacefully leave out of the city. 

---------------

Hi!

Sorry for the long wait!