Chapter 12

I Trust You (Part 1)

[June 6, 2020]- 11:27 am

"D-do you k-know me?" The little girl looks at me nervously. "Yes and no," I replied while crossing both of my arms.

'After all, you tried to trick me anyways.' I thought, trying to keep my emotionless expression and sternly look at the girl in front of me, who's now even more scared and holding tightly on her frilly skirt.

"I apolo-" As she was trying to say something to me, her words were cut off as we heard the loud banging of the door. I kind of lose my cool knowing what was going on in that door.

"G-grhh..." The door keeps banging as the walkers are trying to get in the roof.

'Don't panic, don't panic Aspira.' I am keeping my thoughts feel alive since I know that there is no time for me to have a drama panic.

"Okay, knocking girl if you want to live. You have to follow me." I bend in my knees, holding both of her shoulders and making her looked at me. She looks how serious I am and nods quietly, I then stand up and look around me for a way to escape this building.

'Hm... This building would surely have those emergency exit stairs.' I walk in the corner end of the rooftop and look left and right for those stairs. And fortunately found it on the right-side, I quickly walk to the stairs not before grabbing the little girl hand with my available one since my other hand is holding a knife.  

We carefully both walk down the stairs and I stop her for a while noticing the long jump that I need to make since the stairs only stop at the 2nd floor high. I stretch my limbs in preparation while steeling my heart and shutting my brains in fear of broken legs. Then I let my knife drop in the dirt cement ground.

And I went down and holds the metal bar of the floor, while my body is hanging down preparing to fall from this distance height. I let go of my hold and land on the ground. "Ow!" I hold the pain in my foot, gritting my teeth's out, not trying to scream for attracting walkers to come here while my legs are not yet ready to run.

I ignore the numbing pain and look up, holding my arms up ready to catch the little girl. The girl then looks at me worriedly, afraid that I will be hurt again by her fall. "Don't worry, I will catch you," I said, smiling at her reassuringly. She takes a deep breath and falls into my arms, feeling her heavyweight I hold her tightly.

I put her down and grab my fallen knife, as we continued our travel by walking into the alley and keeping our distance away from the walkers who might be probably at the building entrance. As we quietly walk, I saw a convenience store in the corner of my vision.

"There's a convenience store, let's go." I whispery told her, grabbing her arms as we went there slowly and cautiously for walkers nearby. We both went inside, as I inspect each corner and saw no one, which I'm gladly thankful since my luck is so good to me.

I look at the girl I'm holding, "Hey, get any food you want and don't forget the water. But be sure to not make any sound, if you don't want those corpse things troubling us again." I told her as she nods at me and before leaving the little girl then tightly holds my hand, assuring me that she won't cause any trouble.

She collects supplies for us, while I look around for a bag. I saw an employee room, which I assumingly thought that their might be a bag somewhere there. I walk in front of the closed door and knock on it just in case, something might jump on me again, like in the rooftop scene.

Seemingly like no one is answering my knock, I try again and after knocking I lean in the door, trying to find any movements or sound, but to my relief, no one is inside. I opened the door and turn on the lights near me.

I saw the tidy room with lockers that are tightly shut for safekeeping. 'Guess, no one's here.' I try to look for a bag and found it hanging in the corner. I pick it up and throws the useless things out in the bag, and only keeps the bandages.

After emptying the bag, I went out of the room to look for the little girl. But what I saw is something that will scare me... well everything I saw is scary anyway.

"Hands up!" The man in a beard sternly said, while pointing his gun at me. My eyes widen in shock, while looking at the little girl who is behind them, clutching the supplies and worriedly look at me.

'Dang it.' I thought, having another big headache of another trouble that has come to welcome me.

--------------------------------

Hi Guys!

Sorry for the long update! And I just edited some parts.... hehehhe