Chapter 17

Unexpected Crash (Part 1)

[August 8, 2020]- 9:33 pm

It's been two months of traveling down the road and with continuous of getting gas from random station. Since then Stella and I have run out of food and have little water left, which worries me and last week I decided to hunt some small rabbits in the forest when we stopped by the night.

"Sister Aspira, a-are you okay?" I turn my back and saw the pouty Stella. 

'Cute,' I thought and smiled at her, "I'm fine, and your speaking has improved." I remember when I met Stella a month ago, she always stutters and I thought she was just nervous. But what caused her to stuttered was the trauma that she develops in the abuse of her relatives. Since then I patiently help her gain confidence and helped her to speak without having to stutter, and that didn't disappoint me throughout those days because now she doesn't always stutter anymore and she doesn't seem nervous around me, but this kid is sure clumsy-

Snap! 

I heard the ropes snap.

"Sister! I accidentally freed the rabbit! Nooo! Come back rabbit-san!" Little Stella chased the rabbit but failed miserably when she trips into the rock.

'Goodbye dinner...' I sighed and helped her. Then I inspect her knees for any bruise. But fortunately, it's just a small scratch. I pulled out my band-aid in my pocket, rips it open, and stick in her knees.

"There you go kid, next time if the rabbit runs, don't you dare chase it because it runs faster than us." I told her and she looks at me with her innocent eyes, "Like the rabbit and the turtle?" She replied.

"Yes, just like the rabbit and the turtle." I patted her head and went back into the car, she followed and went inside. "But didn't the turtle win?" She asked while leaning in the seat, "Yup," I grabbed the water beside me and gave it to her. "Drink it and sleep." I look at her drinking the water.

"Were you able to drink water?" Stella asks, feeling guilty that she emptied the bottle before asking me. I did not want to worry her so I lied, "Yes, and now go to sleep."

"Okay, goodnight sister." Stella kiss my cheeks and quickly faced the window. "Goodnight," I said faintly and lean into the seats, and looks at the stars. I pray that our breakfast won't run anymore, since I put another trap in the forest, and hopefully, we can find the lab before them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

'So glad, that my wish was heard! My traps caught a rabbit!' I skinned the rabbit with my pocket knife, then I tie it around the stick to grill it. After one hour of grilling, the meat has cooked, though it did not have any seasonings is still edible to eat.

"Wah~ Sister Aspira, this s-smell delicious!" Stella happily said as she drooled at the steamy meat, I laughed at her and tore the meat into half, then gave her the big one.

"Eat now, after this we will be traveling down the road again."

She nods and quickly takes a bite on the meat, "Mm~" She groans happily, as I smiled and delightfully bit the meat. After we're done eating, we then continued traveling to God know's where the lab is. I open wide all the windows and turn on the radio, hoping for news.

'No news for today huh...' After that Sammy guy, no news was ever to report on the radio, well I assume that everyone seems busy in surviving or either no one had anything to report.

"Sister, when w-will be able to reach the l-lab you talk about?" Stella said as she looks outside and dazedly lean in the door. I then breathe out and inhaling the fresh wind outside, "I don't know... But we can only stay in one direction that can hopefully lead us into the lab." I said, focusing on the road. Stella huffs in annoyance, getting bored and feeling her butt itchy for sitting too long.

"Why are we going there again?" Stella asks, seems like I didn't tell her that I'm the cure for this zombie solution.

"To create the cure." I shortly said as Stella turns her head with sparkling eyes.

"Really?!"

"Ye-

'Screech!'

My eyes widen when the car suddenly went out of control, making the speed unstable while Stella scream, I tried pushing the brakes, but unfortunately, it doesn't work, I could only hold the wheel tightly making our turns stable. Yet, again another trouble comes. I saw a vehicle on our way, then I decide to make sharp turns on the right and quickly embrace Stella as we prepare for the crash.

The car then went rolling, while my body burns in pain as I keep bumping on random objects, I pulled Stella head tightly on my chest, protecting her in my embrace. After the flipping sh*t, we fall flat into the surface and saw that our seats are above us now with broken glasses scatter and smokes erupt from the car.

'Sh*t, I can't move my body.'

The painful feeling of my body was so unbearable, I try raising my arms but it went down quickly as the raw pain was hurting me. I weakly look into my chest and saw Stella lying safe within my arms, I then slowly turn my head into the sides and saw feets coming in our way.

"Help." My raspy voice called as my eyes kept falling asleep yet, I insist on waking up, and then I heard a loud bang on the car, seemingly someone kicking it open. After they succeed, the group gasp as they saw our wounded self, mostly me who's bleeding to death, They carefully pulled Stella in my embrace while I sigh in relief, and finally put myself to rest as I let my conscious slip.

'Hope that they're not bad guys.'

--------------------

Sorry that this chapter took too long, but anyways I will be posting more chapter tomorrow since I can't finish the other one.