Chapter 23

The Lab (Part 1)

[August 23, 2020]- 3:00 pm

I carry the boxes and puts them in the truck. After that, I stretch my sore arms and back, since the boxes were heavy.

'Phew, that was heavy.' I thought, tiredly leaning in the back truck and saw Troy carrying more boxes and puts in the truck.

"Great job, Sissy!" Troy calls my 'new nickname' and grins at me while leaning into the truck.

Yesterday was terrific and Jasmine keeps throwing me a lot of her saliva since I was stupid enough to summon that 'thing'...

Well enough of the yesterday troubles and my stupidity choices, because if I didn't discover 'it', then I wouldn't be able to alarm them to go and invest that 'thing', and also to be able to join them to the lab. Since they need expertise if a zombie can evolve on their own or Jasmine just wants to know the progress of the cure, which I am willing to reveal myself and happily help them make the cure...

But I will only first tell Professor Rhea about it before I can reveal it to them.

Since Jasmine orders the team, which includes me because I was already a part of them... Well, she wants the team to deliver the parts of this 'thing' into the lab, for more laboratory tests or something to discover more. All in all, I'm just thankful that I can join them in the lab and meet the only character who I hope can successfully make the cure.

And to avoid letting her die...

Which I won't let that happen. Since the future of 'humanity' is in her hands and... that's a big unknown responsibility since she's making the cure, while I'm the ingredient for the cure.

'Ugh... I just hope that we're not too late, since its now six months... I guess?' I went inside the truck and waits for the others, while Troy in the driver seat is looking through his phone.

"..." I quietly look at Troy's phone and saw pictures...

Since I was in the backseat and just behind Troy, my eyes curiously glance at his phone and saw J-Jasmine- JASMINE IN A FLORAL DRESS!

'W-wut the?' 

Why does he have that picture? And I never thought that Jasmine- the muscular woman wears a cute dress.

Before I could ask him about it, the gang- I mean the team went seated inside with Louise in the passenger seat and Sam seating in the middle of me and Vincent.

Sam then tug my sleeves and looks at her giving me a plain braided bracelet, "Safe charm, from Stella." Sam said and looks away after handing me the bracelet.

"Thanks." I simply said as I softly look at the bracelet and wears it.

I already told Stella about this lab journey an hour ago, she persists to join. But I didn't let her since there could be a possibility that the scum army will raid the lab.

And I'm 'hoping' to see the main characters again if the lab raiding did happen. Anyways I'm no-

BEEP!

My thoughts were cut off, when Troy horn the car. "Guys! Are the boxes complete?" Troy said as he grips the wheel.

Sam nod and Louise gives a gentle smile to Troy, while Vincent also smiled and glance back the window.

"..." I was lazy to reply and also glance at the window.

"Okay, we're ready!" Troy starts the engine and slowly driving out in the big gate of the base, then he speedily drives in the big dense road.

Troy does really love to drive fast.

---------------------

It's good to be back publishing again!:333 Anyways...soon the main will be showing. And romance will hopefully start to bloom, which I don't even know where to start with romanceXD Haha, we will see...:3

Don't mind the grammars please:3 not good yet.