Goosebumps Down The Spine

Quick Authors Note:
I'm Bear, the dumbass bitch writing this fanfic. This is my first published story, but tbh, I really don't hate it. So I hope you don't hate it as well.

Don't leave hate please🥺
I have no back bone, and will probably cry.

Also please leave the date, time, and location at which you started this. I think it'd be cool to know who's reading my story, and where from.

Please enjoy or I will yeet myself out a window.

Also this ain't super relevant but art work at the top of the page and on the cover is mine. I'd really appreciate if u checked out my Instagram,, I do fan arts and animations
you can find me @yeetermcskeeterbitch if u would like

________________________________

    "If you just train harder, you can get there. Don't you want to enhance your abilities? If you push yourself a little more, then maybe you could learn to use your two Quirks at once."

    Shoto let his eyes scamper over their surroundings. His father had told him that heroes were always alert. Especially when they looked like they weren't.

    As the two made their way down a busy avenue, Shoto couldn't help ignoring his father. His internship had been unquestionably informative, he had to admit, but that didn't mean he wanted to listen to his father talk for hours. Not for the first time that day, Shoto regretted choosing his father's agency to intern with.

    Shoto had his father's Quirk, so his potential to learn was probably highest working under his old man. But he still wasn't sure if the personal besmirching was really worth it.

    After all, Endeavor was Shoto's dad, and that alone was enough to keep their employer- boss relationship unprofessional.

    "You got that, Shoto?" Flames trailed behind the two, drawing the eyes of passersby nearby. Shoto was used to attracting attention, despite not really liking it. Between his hair, his scar, and his associative fame, unwanted stares were commonplace.

    So it struck him as weird when gooseflesh crept over his arms and an unsettling feeling rooted in his gut; someone was watching him.

    His eyes danced around, looking for the culprit.

    "Shoto?"

    People streamed by, and even though they were indeed looking at Shoto, they weren't watching him.

    "Oh, sorry. I wasn't listening." Shoto said offhandedly to his father. Shoto never really got nervous, but something about this situation was making him uncharacteristically anxious.

    "Are you serious? Boy! Look at me!" Endevear snapped at his son. Shoto's head was on a swivel. He looked as skittish as he felt. "Well, if you're looking for something, try not to spin around like that. You'll make everyone else nervous. At least attempt to be subtle."

    Shoto glanced around and froze. Endeavor was right; Shoto had drawn even more attention to himself by scanning his surroundings so out-rightly. A couple drinking coffee nearby were now adamantly staring at him.

    "Yeah, your right. Sorry," Shoto mumbled, and cast his eyes straight ahead.

    "When I'm talking to you, listen. If you're just going to disregard everything I say, next year I won't take you on." Shoto wasn't so sure that was a bad thing. "You know I'm doing my best to be better, but you've got to work with me, okay?"

    Shoto's father, after having had a near-death encounter with a villain, had recently decided it was time for change. He had been bad to Shoto's family in the past, and Shoto wasn't really sure he could forgive his father, but at least he was trying now. Better late than never, he supposed.

    "Yes. I know, and I'm sorry," Shoto paused, before saying, "But I'm not feeling well. Will you excuse me for a minute?" Without waiting for a reply, Shoto spun on his heels and let himself be swept up in the early morning traffic.

    He needed a breather, and what he'd said to his father wasn't exactly a lie. Something was amiss, and he didn't feel safe; he was leaving to go investigate.

    That's when Shoto looked up. Just a few blocks away, teetering on the edge of a tall building, was a small figure. Shoto couldn't tell what the person was doing from so far away, and whether or not they were planning to jump, so he took off at a sprint just in case.

    Zig-zagging between busy pedestrians, Shoto mumbled a couple sorry's as he disrupted the flow of foot-traffic. He catapulted himself through the crowd, eyes locked on the looming figure above. It didn't seem as though anyone else had noticed the boy standing on the edge of the high-rise.

    Finally, dripping sweat, he found the base of the building. He ran around the side, and found the fire escape staircase. Skipping steps, he rushed to the top, praying that he wouldn't be too late.

    When he crested the roof, he couldn't help but flood with panic; the boy was gone. He rushed to the edge of the building, fearing the worst, and peered over the side. Nearly 10 stories below, traffic proceeded as normal. There were no gatherings of frightened citizens clumped on the sidewalk; there were no wailing sirens in the distance; and most importantly, there were no dead bodies spread-eagled against the pavement.

   He let out an immense sigh, muscles relaxing instantly, and let his eyes fall closed against the breeze. The boy must have gone back inside before Shoto had arrived.

    "Looking for me, Shoto Todoroki?"

________________________________