Too Far To Fall

What's your favorite Holiday?

I love Halloween so much it's honestly a problem. I always make my own costumes, and I host a party annually that all my friends look forward to.

Quick Story Time:
Last year was my freshman year, and nobody told me that no one wears Halloween costumes to high school.

So I walk in to Honors Algebra 2, as a Freshie, with only other Sophomores and Juniors.

Me, the aid, and the teacher were the only ones dressed up.

And get this: I was dressed as a Proctologist. For y'all that don't know, that's a BUTT DOCTOR. I think I may have been blushing for the entire class.

I hope y'all are laughing at my humiliation so I can pretend to laugh along and burry my profuse shame and embarrassment under half-hearted amusement.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter
In the next one, shit heats up
Quite literally

_________________________________

Shoto didn't know what to do with himself. Even though he'd just spent nearly an hour bawling his eyes out, he felt better than ever. A wide smile adorned his face as he walked back into the UA dorms. Today had been a long day. After leaving Midoriya's, he'd quickly dashed over to his internship office, the Endeavor Hero Agency.

He told his father everything he knew about the upcoming villain mission. It had taken quite a lot of quick thinking and verbal maneuvering in order to keep Midoriya's name out of the picture, but somehow, Shoto had managed it.

Though, he suspected his father would push for the full story soon enough. And at that point, Shoto would need to spill his guts. Eventually, Shoto would need to figure out how to tell his father about Midoriya, and convince him to keep the other boy out of jail. Shoto had no clue how he was going to pull that off, but he was too happy to worry about it right then.

To top everything off, Shoto had his father's blessing to attend the back-door operation. Now, there was nothing standing between him and the League of Villains mission. All he had to do was rescue Midoriya from those thugs, and he was all Shoto's.

Remembering the letter, it hurt that Izuku didn't want Shoto present for the mission. But, at the same time, Shoto knew that Izuku's efforts were all to keep him from danger, and knowing Izuku wanted him safe overpowered his other pessimistic feelings.

But none of that mattered; after leaving Midoriya's house earlier, there was absolutely nothing in the world that could bring him down. Not his childhood past, not the note from Izuku, and not even Bakugou.

"Why are you smiling like that, Icy-hot? You look creepy."

"Shove it, Bakugou." Shoto flipped him off and smiled wider.

Bakugou had simply rolled his eyes in response, but Shoto knew his words from earlier had hit their target; the rest of the evening Bakugou kept to himself.

For the duration of the night, Shoto hung out with (and even talked too) his classmates. He smiled when his friends made jokes, and he stuck around when everyone hunkered down in the living room to watch a movie. Granted, it probably took longer to decide on a movie than it did to watch one, but Shoto still enjoyed himself.

The only thing that could've made the whole ordeal more enjoyable was a certain emerald eyed, green haired someone.

"Someone's happy today, hmm?"

Shoto leaned in to hear Uraraka's whisper over the raucous movie. Somehow, they had ended up watching a generic, plotless action film with way too many fighting scenes and not enough half-decent humor.

"A little, actually?"

"It wouldn't have anything to do with that guy from before, right? The one with green hair? Midoriya?"

Shoto was thankful for the darkness, because he was pretty sure his face was on fire. Possibly literally.

"How did you know?"

"Us girls can just sense these things. Anyway, I thought Bakugou told you not to talk to him?"

"Screw Bakugou."

Uraraka laughed, and Iida shushed them from nearby. They both smiled at him apologetically, but he just shook his head. Like anyone beside's Kirishima and Kaminari were actually enjoying the movie anyway.

"What happened? Are you guys friends now or something like that?" Uraraka asked, curious about Shoto's new relationship. Uraraka was one of Shoto's closest friends at UA, so with the exception of Iida and Momo, there was no one else Shoto would've dared talk to about Midoriya.

"Something like that." He smiled bashfully.

"Oh. Oh."

Shoto remained silent, watching as some no-name actor leaped from a crumbling bridge, nearly plummeting to their death only to be caught by the hand at the last second. It seemed awfully symbolic of his own life.

"I'm going to ask my Dad about getting him a recommendation."

Uraraka's eyes went wide as saucers. "Seriously? Can he even do that?"

"I don't know, but number 2 hero must be good for something, right?"

"Todoroki, that's huge. Are you sure he's even cut out for being a hero? I mean, Bakugou was so convinced he was a bad guy."

"Trust me; he's anything but. You'll see. And so will he."

"Alright, alright. I believe you. Just try not to fall too hard, okay? You might hurt yourself."

Shoto smiled, thinking of earlier that day. "Too late."

_________________________________