Staying

Do you have any pets?

I have a cat named Motor who's kinda the sweetest, but I can't touch her cause I'm allergic

I also just got a little houseplant which I have yet to name. So any suggestions?

I kinda wanna name him Waterbottle so I can point at him and say, "and that's my waterbottle" and everyone else will be like "what?"

Anyway, shit boutta go down so strap in, get some popcorn, and please enjoy

_________________________________

Startled, Shoto panicked. Wanting the element of surprise, he ran toward the nearest door. It was a pantry, and the squeeze was tight, but he thrust himself in and closed the door behind him. He willed his breathing to slow as the door handle jiggled again.

Shoto had a plan; he'd wait until he could spring a surprise attack and get the upper hand. If he was quick and stealthy, he could pull it off.

The front door swung open with a creak. It was locked again from the inside, and Shoto tensed up as someone passed his hiding place. Footsteps echoed through the silent apartment. Adrenaline snaked through Shoto's veins, and he could barely hear his own breathing over the thrumming pulse in his ears.

Shoto's hand was on the nob, moments away from striking out, when his adversary's footsteps stopped.

"Hmm... Interesting," Someone mumbled.

Shoto cringed as he heard the window slide shut. He had completely forgotten to close the window behind him!

Shit.

A heavy sigh came from the other side of the door. "I should've known Izuku left you a note. Everything seemed far too normal when I finally woke back up."

As if he hadn't already had difficulty controlling his breathing, the sound of his voice stole the oxygen from Shoto's lungs, and left him breathless. He was here.

"The only reason I came back here was to shower. After that, I was planning on tracking you down to speak with you anyway. But, it doesn't seem like I have to stalk you anymore. You're already here!"

Shoto felt frost creep up his forearm. Izuku was not a threat. Midoriya, however, was a completely different can of worms. He was a wild card; Shoto would need to be ready to fight if it came down to it.

"No, wait— That sounded wrong. I wasn't going to stalk you. I just wanted to find you! No, wait. That sounds creepy, too. Ahhhh...

"Look, I don't want to fight, okay? I just want to see you. And talk to you." Shoto heard a thump that sounded suspiciously like someone slapping their own forehead, followed by muttering so quick and fast Shoto couldn't make out the words.

"Just come out of the closet already." Midoriya said in a tired, defeated voice. The irony of those words were not lost on Shoto.

Shoto hesitantly stepped out, scowling into the light.

"You're not going to try anything, right?" He asked in a flat voice.

Midoriya held up his hands and smiled.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said in a voice that implied he certainly would dream of it. As his eyes openly traveled up and down Shoto's body, he felt his ears burning a little. Was Midoriya... flirting with him?

"What was it you wanted to talk about?"

"You break into my apartment," Midoriya ticked off on his fingers, "Hide in my pantry, and move all my papers around. What makes you think you have any right to question me?"

Shoto folded his arms. He supposed Midoriya did have a point. He was acting a little more casual than the situation called for. Shoto didn't know what to say, so he just shrugged.

Midoriya smiled a little, and laughed. "Go sit down, I guess. I'm going to go shower.... Don't leave." That last piece sounded like an afterthought.

Then Midoriya stalked off, presumably to clean himself off.

That left Shoto alone in the apartment. If he wanted to, he could've left right then. He had all the information he needed, and he really should've been scrambling to get it to his father as promptly as possible.

But, he'd also just accepted the fact that he was never going to see Midoriya again. The truth had been hard to swallow, but he'd forced it down. Denial hadn't gotten him anywhere so far.

But now, Midoriya was just a few doors away (and naked, no less). Shoto had a chance to see him again. Talk to him again.

Shoto wandered into the living room and sat down. His heart was still broken, and he had more than a few things to attend too, but Midoriya was there. Shoto wasn't about to pass up an opportunity to say goodbye.

Shoto was staying and that was that.

__________________________________