This Is How The World Ends

In Mario Kart, who's your 'Go To' character?

Mine's definitely Dry Bones, and if I have a choice, you bet your ass imma be rocking a motorcycle

Also, I'm officially past 250 reads, so I just want to say THANK YOU. Seeing that people are continually reading more and more makes my heart so so SO warm. So thank you all.

Please enjoy some much awaited TodoDeku

__________________________________

    As he waited, Shoto made his way through Midoriya's apartment, this time with the intent of learning more about him, not tearing the place apart. However, there was nothing hung up or laying around that wasn't strictly essential. The cabinets held food and plateware. The living room had a tv, a lamp, and a couch. Even when Shoto quickly peeked inside Midoriya's bedroom (the allure was too strong; he couldn't resist), it had a bed, a closet, and a nightstand. The whole place was very spartan, and didn't really feel like Midoriya.

    The one exception, however, being the dozens of drawings and little notes scattered around the living space. There were bright pink and yellow sticky notes clinging to every surface. Some served as reminders to trivial things: do the laundry, buy eggs, return library books. Others were messages to himself: Where did you hide the remote?, Throw away your popcorn kernels!!, and Would it kill you to do the damn dishes for once?.

    Shoto couldn't help smiling. These notes, at least, were a glimpse at the real Izuku Midoriya. Even if they were only about doing the laundry.

    The only other thing that wasn't purely fundamental was a small glass vase sitting on the coffee table. Inside it was Shoto's orange cosmos from the day before, and the sight of the delicate flower gave him something he didn't want: Hope. He tried to ignore it, but his eyes kept straying to it's ruffled orange petals.

    Hope was a dangerous thing; it had already broken his heart once. He wasn't eager to repeat yesterday's events.

    Shoto sat back down on the couch and reread Izuku's letter while he waited. He pondered the logistics of their situation, and how he was going to tell his father about the League of Villains mission without incriminating Midoriya.

    Nearby, he shower flicked off, and Shoto watched as Midoriya smoothly slipped out of the bathroom. Steam flowered out around him as he stood there looking like a greek god in nothing but a towel.

    Shoto felt his cheeks flush a little. He forced his eyes level with Midoriya's, hoping he didn't look as flustered as he felt.

    Eyes up, eyes up, eyes up...

    "You didn't leave," Midoriya said, though, it sounded like a question. With his hair wet, his bangs hung low over his forehead. Water dripped down his shoulders and over his bare chest. Shoto couldn't help following the streaking dropllets with his eyes, attention shifting from Midoriya's chest, down to his abs, past his belly button...

    "Eye's up!" Shoto muttered to himself under his breath.

    "What?"

    "Of course I stayed. You asked me too."

    Midoriya gave Shoto a look, raising an eyebrow skeptically. "Right." He leaned against the wall beside him, crossing his arms. Shoto could see the towel dipping lower around the other boy's hips.

    Shoto kept his face blank. "You should put some clothes on."

    "Oh? Am I making you nervous?" He leaned forward a little, a sprightly smile tugging at his lips.