A Quiet Discharge

What's your favorite candy? I really hope I haven't asked this question already.

Mine isn't really a candy, so much as a treat: I like the Mother's frosted animal cookies. I could just gorge myself on them all day🤤

I think for mostly everyone, school has started up already. I hope u all are having a better time than me, and learning loads

This isn't relevant, but here's a funny dad joke I saw earlier (when I showed it to my sister, she put me in a choke-hold bc it was so stupid):
A cheese factory exploded in France. Da brie is everywhere!

______________________________

    "But... Dad. He has nothing! Except for me—"

    "Exactly. He has nothing. Which does not qualify him for a scholarship to UA! The doctors don't even know if he has a Quirk anymore. After being shot twice with different drugs, and then being experimented on, who knows what has become of his abilities?"

    "He helped me when I was spit in two. And who's fault was it that he was subjected to those psychopaths tests in the first place? The least you could do is give him a chance to fight for his dream."

    "Absolutely not. This conversation is over, Shoto." 

    Just then, All Might strolled into the room looking happier than ever.

    "Oh, Endeavor. You're here? I was coming in to talk to Young Todoroki, but I suppose you'd be happy to hear this as well."

    Endeavour looked very much unhappy to hear whatever it was All Might had to say, but Shoto was beaming. Sometimes, All Might felt like more of a dad than Endeavor did, and Shoto loved learning under him at UA.

    "Izuku Midoriya has just been offered a scholarship to UA. If he accepts, I'll be having him specially placed in your class, Todoroki. I thought you should know, because I'm almost certain he'll say yes."

    Shoto smiled, both at All Might's announcement and his fathers fanning flames. Shoto and All Might shared a glance, mutually amused by Enji's rising anger.

    With that, All Might left, off to tend to other duties. Endeavor steamed about the room for a few more minutes before indignantly stomping after All Might to finish his own business.

    Once they were both gone, Shoto changed into some spare clothes and left his hospital room. He was tired from spending three straight days in bed, only ever getting up to use the bathroom. But otherwise, he felt completely fine. He'd been discharged just a few hours earlier, and he'd have left to go visit Midoriya sooner if it hadn't been for his father and his insistent questions.

    'Are you sure the other boy can be trusted?' 'How are you feeling?' 'Did the other boy try to attack you again?' Shoto tried to explain that Midoriya hadn't been 'attacking' him before, only sleeping beside him, but Enji wasn't having any of it. It was abundantly clear that Endeavor still didn't trust Midoriya. Shoto wondered what his father would say when he found out that Midoriya was basically his boyfriend.

    That was another reason Shoto wanted to see Midoriya so desperately. They'd never been apart for so long, and now that Shoto had spent days without him, he realised just how much he needed the green haired cinnamon roll in his life. He wanted to make it official; he wanted Midoriya to be his boyfriend so he could hold his hand, kiss him, hug him, and tell Midoriya he loved him whenever he pleased.

    Shoto knocked on Midoriya's door, heart hammering in his chest. He also really wanted to see Midoriya so he could check in on him after the whole "human experiment" thing. It was being speculated that some League villains were behind it, but no one knew for sure.

    When there was no response, Shoto knocked again, trying very hard to be patient. When there was no answer once again, he gave up and opened the door.

    On the other side, there was a clean room and a neatly made bed. But no Midoriya.

    "Oh, are you looking for Izuku?" A friendly nurse asked as she passed, carrying a stack of towels.

    "Yes, actually. Do you know where he is?"

    "I'm so sorry, Sweetie. You just missed him. I saw him leave with All Might just a few minutes ago. I believe they were taking him home."

    Shoto felt his excitement drain. Midoriya was gone.

    "Oh. Thank you."

    "Of course." Then the nurse left.

    Shoto made his way out of the hospital, choosing to walk home instead of asking his dad for a ride. He needed to be alone.

    Why had Midoriya left without so much as a goodbye? Didn't he miss Shoto as much as Shoto missed him?

    Maybe after spending so many days alone, Midoriya had realized he was better off on his own? Shoto really hoped he hadn't. Maybe Midoriya could fend for himself, but Shoto certainly couldn't.

    At least he was with All Might now. Shoto could rest easy knowing that Midoriya was safe. And that would just have to be enough for the time being.

_________________________________