Self Imposed Sorrow And Intertwined Fingers

This is the last chapter before the Epilogue. I can't believe we're practically at the end🥺🥺

It makes me want to cry. I've worked so hard, and I've written this story to the very best of my capabilities. It's not much, and the characters aren't original, but I think this is a great first write. Now there's no where to go but up:)

Also, can I just say that I love the chapter so much?🤗🤗

Another quick disclaimer:

Parts of the chapter are sexual and may make certain people uncomfortable. Those passages will be marked with •••

Feel free to skip over them.

Admittedly, I wasn't planing on making them so lewd, but like,,, that just didn't happen, now did it?🤩🤩

_____________________________

Shoto didn't respond to the hasty pounding on his door. He just buried his head further into the pillows and pulled his blanket higher. He didn't really want to talk to anyone right now; his head was spinning with guilt, grief, and confusion.

Guilt because he was upset over Midoriya when he shouldn't be. Midoriya had no obligation to Shoto's feelings.

Grief because maybe they no longer had a relationship. Even scarier; maybe they never had one in the first place?

Confusion, because he wanted to be alone. But he also wanted to see Midoriya.

Why couldn't he just push everything down like he used too? Ignoring his feelings had always been so much easier.

"Shoto? It's me... I know you're in here. Why won't you let me in?"

Shoto's heart jumped into his throat. Midoriya.

Shoto had wanted him near, but now that he was, Shoto hastily changed his mind. Now he wanted Midoriya gone— far, far away. Couldn't Shoto just stir in his conflicting feelings in peace?

"Okay... well, I think we ought to talk. You seem upset, but I don't know why? I'm just going to come in."

As the door creaked open, Shoto closed his eyes, both pretending to be asleep, and ensuring he kept Midoriya's cute face out of sight. The second he saw the other boy, all his anger would be forgotten, and he'd try to fall back into Midoriya's arms.

He felt as though he owed the other boy space, but Shoto wasn't sure he could give him that if he faced the situation head on.

Shoto felt a dip in the bed beside him, and he groaned a little. So close.

"Are you okay? I know you're not sleeping. You've got this angry crease between your brows." Shoto couldn't help but relax as he felt Midoriya's gentle fingertips dance between his eyes. The tension drained from his shoulders and he sagged against the bed. So much for pretending to be asleep.

"Sorry," Shoto mumbled against Midoriya's palm.

Shoto could hear the smile in his voice as Midoriya replied, "Me too. I can tell you're upset. Though, I'm not entirely certain if it's all my fault, or a combination of me and something else."

Shoto pushed up to his elbows, still keeping his eyes shut. He turned his head in Midoriya's general direction. "Why would you assume it's your fault?" Technically, the source of Shoto's irritation was Midoriya, but he didn't blame him. Shoto only blamed himself.