Puzzle Pieces

If you could hug any character from My Hero Academia, who would it be?

Imma be completely honest w/ y'all:

One time I had a dream where I hugged Shoto Todoroki. He smelled like vanilla and lilacs. Yes, I distinctly remember his scent and the dream. It's because I was happy for the rest of the day. Objectively, it was an amazing dream.

But if I could choose any MHA character to give me a hug, I'd pick Deku. He's so sweet and probably gives the bestest, warmest hugs.

At least, according to Shoto in this chapter he does😳😳

_______________________________

    Sounds and sensations drifted in and out of Midoriya's consciousness, tugging him toward the light. Gradually, the beeping of a nearby monitor came into focus, and the smell of lemon and alcohol stung his nose.

    Like butterflies, his eyelashes fluttered against his cheeks. He needed to wake up. Something was wrong... he'd never gotten to say goodbye...

    His eyes fully opened, and he jolted forward. Shoto needed his help!

    But as he looked around, his knight was nowhere to be found. In fact, he was no longer in the forest at all. He was in a... hospital room?

    He looked down and saw different tubes and machines attached to his arms, strung up to IV fluid bags and the heart monitor beside his bed. He tugged at the different wires, and his skin pulled beneath their weight.

    Upon further inspection, he noticed he was not the only boy in the room. Just a few feet away, staring back at him, was his other half: Izuku.

    The glint in Izuku's eye told Midoriya that they were thinking the same things. Where was Shoto? Was he okay? What had happened out in the woods? And why was he in the hospital?

    Midoriya couldn't clearly remember anything past being dragged from his reconnaissance perch. After that, everything was hazy. He'd been drugged by Toga, and at some point, Shoto had shown up. But everything else was lost to his filmy memory.

    Midoriya felt incomplete; he needed to be whole.

    Purely on instinct, Midoriya ripped the chords and wires out of his arms, tearing open his pale skin. He winced a little at the pain, but quickly dismissed the blood trailing down his forearms.

    When he looked over, Izuku's arms were streaked with blood as well. Free from the medical instruments, Midoriya abandoned his bed and approached Izuku's. They both reached for one another, grasping hands and having the same inexplicable pull. As they let their energies merge, a tingling sensation ran across Midoriya's spine, and there was a green flash.

    When he opened his eyes again, he was perched on the end of his hospital bed, blood dribbling down his forearm, and dripping from his fingertips onto the tiles below.

    The pain from his cuts felt deep and vivid. He hadn't felt anything quiet as thoroughly since before his Quirk, Splice, had ripped him down the center. He hadn't realized how diluted the world had looked and felt, until now.

    At long last, Izuku Midoriya was whole.
For months, he had been experiencing the world with only half of his scenes at any given time. Now, everything appeared twice as colorful, and his mind felt completely liberated. All his thoughts were his own, and there weren't weird voices or impulses whispering in his ear.