Chapter 2

Drunk

When I walked into the B'Hub bar, the lively music surrounded me right away, making the atmosphere exciting. The room was dimly lit and had bright neon lights on the walls, giving it a vibrant look. The bar was the main attraction, running along one side of the room, where skilled bartenders were making and serving colorful drinks to happy customers. The air was filled with laughter, conversation, and the sound of glasses clinking together.

My girl cousins invited me tonight. Wala naman akong gagawin so I decided to lend them my time. Isa pa, ilang araw na akong hindi nakakapag-bar mula pa noong halos mahuli na ako sa meeting. Now, I should give this to myself. Nakaka-boring na rin ang palaging nasa bahay o 'di kaya ay makipag-blind date. This is for the betterment of my life. Bar.

I made my way further inside, taking in the sight of the dance floor on the first floor. The room was packed with people, moving and grooving to the infectious rhythm. Strobe lights flashed across the crowd, creating a mesmerizing visual spectacle. The dance floor was a sea of energy and bodies, with people of all shapes and sizes letting loose and enjoying themselves.

As I glanced around, I noticed clusters of people scattered throughout the bar. Some were engrossed in deep conversations on the plush couches, their voices blending with the music in the background. Others were huddled together at high tables, exchanging laughs and sharing stories. It seemed like everyone had found their own little world within the vibrant space.

Looking up, I caught sight of the VIP area on the second floor, accessible through a grand staircase. It was a more exclusive space, reserved for those seeking a touch of luxury and privacy. I could see glimpses of sophisticated-looking individuals sipping on champagne and engaging in animated conversations. The atmosphere was elegant yet alive with excitement.

As I continued exploring, I couldn't help but feel the eyes of some guys on me, drawn to my confident presence and alluring outfit. I had chosen a stunning short dress by Victoria's Secrets, its revealing back and low neckline accentuating my curves and embracing my voluptuous figure. The fabric hugged my semi-chubby body in all the right places, making me feel sexy and empowered.

I spotted the couches where my cousins are busy chattering with some familiar faces. Ngumiti ako sa mga iilang nakakasalubong. May iilan pang halos dumikit na sa akin pero tinawanan ko lang.

Boys will always be boys. Makakita lang ng sexy, nangangatog na kaagad ang tuhod. Gustong maka-score. Well, sorry sila. Walang papasok sa kweba ko kundi ang lalaking magpapanginig din ng tuhod ko kahit wala pang ginagawa. And someone just popped on my mind.

Umismid ako nang maalala iyong mukhang iyon. Suplado pero hot!

Some models that I passed by smiled and kisses me. Matagal pa bago ako tuluyang nakalapit sa mga pinsan ko.

"What's the topic is all about?" I cheerfully asked them.

My cousins shrieked as they saw me. Animo'y ngayon lang kami nagkita-kita. Nakipagbeso ako sa mga nandoon. Ang mga hindi ko kakilala, ipinakilala nila and just like that, wala na ang awkwardness.

Amid the pulsating music and energetic ambiance, the conversations among my girl cousins and their friends became lively and uninhibited.

Isy giggled as she exclaimed. "Did you see that guy near the bar? He's smoking hot! I wouldn't mind spending the night with him."

Indeed, the guys Isy saw is freaking hot. Kaya lang, mukhang walang pakealam sa mundo dahil nasa counter lang iyon at may iilang babae na nagsusubok pero umaalis din.

Iope chimed in. "Oh, please! I saw him first. You always have your eyes on the hottest ones."

They engaged in playful banter, teasing each other about their taste in men.