Twenty three| let it go

Barcelona was leaning against a desk in an office as she was working on some small electronic, Monica staring at her. "Why are you still helping me?"

Lona glances at her quickly, her dead eyes giving Monica a chill. "I'm helping your baby, not you." She spoke gravely as she continued her work on the fake passport, making sure everything was ok.

"Rosa, please-"

"Don't call me that!" She hissed, slamming the device down. "I'm not Rosalie, never have and never will be. I promised that I'd help you with you kid, that's it." She was pissed at Monica but she would never take that out on a innocent child.

"Please, you're my friend." Monica reaches for her hand, flinching when she pulled back.

"Friends don't treat friends the way you did. I had your back this whole time, Monica. How could you do that?" She looked to her with sadden eyes.

"I was lonely! Denver takes such good care of you and you can see how much he adores you! I- I wanted something like that." She whispered, tears filling her eyes at the thought of raising this baby alone, realizing that Arturo isn't the one for her.

"I forgive you." She mumbled, holding her hand up to Monica who was getting ahead of herself. "But that doesn't mean I trust you. I'll get you and your baby out of here, bring you somewhere safe, you'll never have to worry about this following you around, I'll make sure of it."

"How?" Monica's face was filled with confusion.

"Monica Gaztambide will die the moment we get out of here."

"You can't wipe me off the face of the earth." Monica laughed.

"Trust me, Monica. I can do anything. It'll be like you never existed." She looked back down to the desk, hitting the green button that completed Monica's new identity.

Before either of them could continue speaking, they heard footsteps rushing into the room and Barcelona turned around alarmed. "Denver? Are you ok-"

Denver falls into Lona's arm, holding her tight against his chest. Barcelona could feel Denver's cold tears fall down her neck as she slowly rubbed his back. She looked to Monica and then to the door, subtly asking her to leave.

Denver had a locked grip on Lona's jumpsuit, using her hood to wipe his tears, the sound of Denver's sob made her chest tighten. "Baby?"

"I'm fine, fine." His voice cracked as he leaned into Barcelona's hands that were gently holding his cheeks. "I'm fine."

"You don't have to be fine, Denver. It's okay." She whispered, leaning her forehead to his and watching his tears fall.

"You know the stories of my mom." He whispered. "They were all lies, everything. My dad abandoned her instead of helping her, his own fucking wife!" He yelled, pushing away and running his hands over his face. "I'd never do that to you, I swear." He turned to her, holding her jaw so she looked straight at him.

"I know, I know." She leaned up and kissed his chin. She wanted to defend Moscú in someway, she didn't want Denver to lose the beautiful relationship he has with his father. However, when she saw the anger and betrayal in his eyes, she decided to keep quiet.