Daycare Lady

-Somewhere where snow falls lightly from the dawn bright sky-

"It's been a long winter this year" I whisper looking around at the white expanse of powder snow fresh from last nights snowfall. Turning around facing the large building in front of me I shake my head slowly why did I agree to this again?

Walking up the front stairs I move my right gloved hand to lightly knock on the front door of the large building of our city's daycare building where kids who parents work or don't wish to deal with them for most of the day come here instead.

It's sad thinking about it though some kids are perfectly happy staying here than with their parents I shake my head pushing the thoughts away as the door slowly opens. "Good morning ___" the voice of the elderly man in front of me speaks as I face the old friend of mine.

"Sengoku it's been too long" I reply as Sengoku opens the door wide and moves into the hall as I cross the threshold of the door closing it behind me before turning back to the man. "Thank you for coming I have a list of the kids names,their hobbies and how to deal with the troublesome ones" Sengoku rattles off as I laugh behind my hand.

"Sengoku don't worry I wouldn't have agreed to watch the place for a couple months while you take a break,Garp also wouldn't have begged me to accept" I chide as the old man sighs pulling on his beard yeah he's getting pretty old to be handling a schools worth of kids and teenagers.

"____ I worry some of these kids aren't normal" Sengoku calls over his shoulder as we enter the kitchen it's early so no kids should be arriving yet. "Do you mean powers?" I whisper eyes looking down at the floor as Sengoku sighs nodding that is slightly worrysome.

"Don't worry i'm sure they can't be that bad besides I have powers too!" I chirp as Sengoku looks at me grateful that i'm not deterred at stopping from taking care of the daycare. "Sengoku are you packed yet,I can handle the fort and besides I can call if something goes wrong" speaking I move to the cabinets taking out materials to prepare some snacks for the kids.

"Yeah i'm ready,thank you again I know you have your studies I can't express how glad I am to take a break Garp was right I am getting to old for this" Sengoku complains before grabbing his hat from a coatrack saying "____ you won't have any kids till 9:00 AM and they leave no later than 10:00 PM okay, if you need food there's money in my office also if anything breaks" I nod taking a mental note before pushing the man out the door.

"Also be careful the teenagers tend to be wild!" Sengoku calls before getting in the car as Garp waves from the drivers side as I smile saying "Sengoku enjoy yourself stop worrying" I can tell Garp and Sengoku are smiling as the car pulls out of the drive way as I huff turning to the large white building 'Grand Line Daycare' is printed above the doors entrance I still remember when I came here as a child I gave Sengoku and Garp grief over how clumsy I was.

Heading back inside I head too Sengoku's office where on his desk is a folder file packed full of papers so high it's half my height and i'm 5ft 2inches short compared to others sadly. Flipping through the papers I try to learn the names at least too the kids which some are easier with their strange outstanding appearence some look older than they should as a kid.

So the youngest I could possibly have is 7 and the oldest 17 that's really sad but I understand Sengoku's rules he proably wanted the kids of Grand Line city to have a safe place from parents and their troubles.Setting the papers down I head back into the kitchen when I notice something odd "Huh I swore I made some sandwhiches earlier" I whisper as indeed the plate I had set on the counter was gone.

Looking at kitchen clock it read 8:30AM huh maybe someone arrived early how awful of me not too notice! Deciding to find the little rascal I decide to start with the living room which is filled with couches,beanbags and gaming consoles and just as I suspected right on a blue beanbag was a young male with freckles spotting his face and a cowboy styled hat placed on his black hair he pauses turning a sandwhich in his mouth spotting my figure.