Chilling secrets

(A/n also Spirits exist because I CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

"I really don't get why we're following ____?" Ace grumbles walking through the forest while Thatch and Marco shush him as Ace starts to get annoyed the two commanders had asked him if he wanted to do something new today he didn't know it meant stalking _____ to a graveyard of all places. "We're not being creepy bird butt over here was worried about _____ and asked me if I would help him check to see if _____ is okay" Thatch defends as Marco rolls his eyes saying "_____ doesn't have work today since you guys are growing older and more involved with your parents work or school she rarely sees somebody every day" Ace frowns knowing it's true.

"Do you think she's lonely she used to have someone every day to watch out for now more than half the time she's alone at the daycare" Ace frets as Thatch says "That is exactly why Birdy Marco is stalking our friend" Marco glares saying "It's not stalking it's called keeping a close eye on things" Ace and Thatch deadpan their friend has lost all logical reasoning.

"Hey what's ____ doing?" Thatch questions as Ace and Marco lean over the ledge above the grassy field covered in tombstones as Ace suddenly realizes which grave she's standing in front of. "That's my fathers grave" Ace whispers as Marco and Thatch watch as ______ leans down setting a small vase filled with flowers of multiple different shapes and sizes the colors ranging all around the color wheel even some petalless flowers are visible.

Once I had placed the tribute down I clap my hands together whispering "Hey Roger it's been a while i'm sorry I haven't visited sooner I wanted to let you know Ace is doing well and that Whitebeard and Garp miss fighting you" knowing I won't get a response I continue saying "Ace reminds me of you strong willed and protective of those he lives but also a reckless idiot not like I can't say i'm the same way must of rubbed off from you" chuckling to myself I take out a picture from my bag it's a smiling Ace,Pops,Luffy,Sabo,Dragon,Garp,Shanks and I the complete family.

"Roger that incident I fought alongside the greatest pirate and mafia leader the pirate king!" I whisper tears falling from my eyes as I wipe them away sniffing I say "I was so proud to be there and stand alongside you in combat to face someone stronger with no fear for the first time I felt fearless like a true warrior! But I lost control" gripping my hair I sob saying "people got hurt because of me and even you had trouble what was it like seeing a monster face you?" my voice lowers to a whimper as I say "did you feel fear?Digsut and hate? you never told me how you felt about that incident every time I asked you'd smile saying 'there is no time for regretting with what short life you have left to live' I didn't know what you meant until the day Garp told me you were to be executed" uncurling my hands they fall to my side.

Looking up at the sky the suns ray fall onto my face as I whisper hoarsely "life is to short to be stuck in place you need to move on that's what you did right Roger?" setting the picture in the old broken frame that I had fixed I set it on the grave stone. "Roger if your able to hear me I achieved my dream,my goal in life to be accepted,protect my loved ones,culture my emotions,watch kids grow up and see life for the beauty it really is! I owe this to you Roger which is why every day I will remember everything others have done for me!" standing wiping the last of my tears away I state loud and proudly "I will be their light on their darkest days and show them a better future just like you wanted me to have" gently touching the gravestone it felt warm to the touch.

Ace felt tears of his own fall down his face he had always resented being born the son of Roger but hearing how much ____ respected his father and the pain she felt that he was gone he felt like he had wronged not only _____ and Roger but himself. "I robbed myself of the pain of losing a parent but _____ lost hers I guess I didn't want to admit Roger was gone I wanted to replace him with Pops and act like I still had a father" Ace whispers as Thatch places a hand on his head saying "it was hard being Roger's son but it doesn't change who you are as a person" Ace nods before turning to Marco who was silent.