Lifetimes

(A/n from this point on the kids are older but only by 1 or two years also this chapter is based off my imagination i'm such a nerd!)

"_____ can you help me get the knots out of my hair?" Killer asks bouncing from foot to foot as I smile nodding as I take the brush from his hands before gesturing for Killer to sit down he sits back straight as I grab the long blonde strands of hair before carefully combing the brush through lightly tugging the knots out stopping if Killer flinches.

"Sorry does it hurt?" I question as Killer shakes his head saying "No it's just slightly painful but your doing a good job" Killer runs his hand through his tangle free hair the spikes smoothing out beneath his fingertips. "Are you guys ready?" Kid asks from the doorway his messy hair causing both Killer and I to frown before looking at each other pointing at Kid we say in unison "Go fix yourself" Kid looks confused before yelling "WHAT'S WRONG WITH HOW I LOOK!" I sigh setting the brush down saying "your a mess" Kid grinds his teeth but when Killer nods in agreement he sighs relenting.

"I'll help you Kid" Killer whispers grabbing the brush before I move to let Kid sit down on my chair as Killer carefully drags the brush through Kid's hair as he whine and complains until I shut him up with a bonk to the head as I trade Killer the brush for a comb may be easier to use on the spiky red afalfa growing on Kid's head. "How did it get this messy?" Killer questions he usually did a good job making sure his captain was in the best condition wether hygeine,looks or strength wise that's why I always thought Killer was the best first mate anyone could ask for along with Zoro they're both amazing at looking out for their captains.

"I think it should be good now" Killer states as Kid combs his fingers through his hair eyes wide in amazement he must never take much care or thought into his hair seeing how he's so impressed that he isn't running into tangles. "Kid has such soft hair despite the amount of gel or spray to spike it unless it's natural?" Killer questions as I look at Kid for an answer but he blushes turning away embarassed. "Thank you for inviting me to attend the inventors convention with you boys" I thank as Kid smirks saying "of course we're going to win first place and gain the prize money of 100 thousand beri!" my eyes widen that seems like a good deal inventions and money.

"Our crew worked for a whole month straight which is why we weren't at the daycare much" Killer comments as Kid nods before I smile saying "It will be nice to see Heat and Wire been a while geez last time I saw them was the war?" I shake my head that's sad I need to make some visits to my kids crews so they don't feel like I forgot about them. Kid moves to the workshop in the daycare grabbing a tool kit as I look questioningly he replies "in case we need to fix something" I nod true some times last minute adjustments are needed.

"Need any help?" I ask Killer who's grabbing spare materials he nods as I grab some steel sheets before grabbing a tin of nails,screws,pin and tools that were to big to fit in a toolbox. "Our idea was inspired by you actually for our invention is that okay?" Kid asks me as I feel touched they based part of their invention off me "It's completely fine i'm surprised to see what it is!" the two share a smile saying "You'll love it you can say it's a true shining spectacle" I smile anticipating making me excited to see what they built.

Getting into the drivers seat Killer climbs into the passenger seat as Kid sits in the back hand resting on a hidden object with a cloak covering whatever is underneath. Driving through new world city we arrive at Sabaody avenue the only connecting territory between Grand line and New world cities which means this convention will have celestial dragons,marines and government here as well which makes it harder since if I remember Vegapunk the marine and goverments scientist would be a judge here.

Upon parking opening the door the sight greeting us is amazing "Wow this is amazing!" I breathe indeed large metal animals and robots or planes and all around people chatting and talking pointing at each invention that caught their eyes and music booming from the center of the avenue where Vegapunk,Iceburg and Tom sit at tables discussing over papers seeing the young adult I quickly say "i'm going to say hi don't worry i'll find you guys" Killer and Kid nod as I walk through the streets carefully weaving around land inventions and kids.