Mechanical issues

Today is Monday a brand new start of a week! Drake today is heading to train with Rocinate today he wants to learn how to become stronger and Rocinate offered to train him along with Law so he will be gone more often to train. Walking down stairs I open the door to Kid who smiles despite losing a arm from battle Law helped convince Kid's guardians to let him get a prothstetic metal arm. "Hey ____ it's just me today" I crouch down opening my arms as Kid hugs me the thing he proably needs most no kid should face battle at his age.

"I'm so sorry you had to be there" I whisper rubbing circles on kid's back as he sobs out his fear and pain the battle changed the kids view drastically and it worries me. "It hurt and I was confused but Killer and you were there" Kid sniffles tears drying as I think of something that might cheer him up "Hey little grease monkey how about we build something?" I ask as Kid lights up nodding while wiping his tears away as I grab his hand heading to the armory to the back where a workbench sits as I take out some metal plates,screws and bolts.

Kid looks around in awe at the metal parts opening drawers and taking out pieces here and there. Heading over to the wall of tool I grab a screwdriver,wrench,and blow torch as well as some goggles I toss one to Kid who catches it looking at the black band and white rim with blue glass as he smiles asking "Can I keep this?" I turn nodding saying "No one uses this place much anymore so I think i'll let you have it as a safe haven to invent your new ideas though Iceburg and Franky occasionaly come here for supplies" Kid nods happy to be able to acess all the building materials and tools.

Sitting down on the chair I pull a stool over patting the seat as Kid climbs up as I say "Go ahead and create something I won't distract you" Kid nods taking some metal plates and bolts as he gets right into his work as I decide to make a sword. Picking out some raw iron I turn the furnace on throwing coals in as the heat rises the pot warm enough now that I can toss the iron in as it starts to melt. Grabbing the protective gloves I slowly tilt the pot of hot liquid metal into the stencil of a Broadsword as I make sure the pouring is slow and even so it doesn't overfill the stencil.

Kid is busy working as I see him carefully holding the blow torch his goggles on and his mettalic arm holding the torch while his gloved hand holds whatever he's welding still.Turning back to the sword the stencil now filled I use some cold winds and tongs to take the blade rough start out before laying it down on the metal bench taking a hammer as I work on straightening the blade as the sound of steel being pounded and a torch welding the place is calm and silent a peaceful enviorment.

Once the blade is balanced with a clean cut edge I slowly lower the blade into a water bucket as the water hisses and steam rises I pull the gleaming white blade out setting it down to cool as the metal hardens so it won't break. With my part done I take the googles off pulling them over my head shaking my sweaty hair from the heat of the furnace as Kid walks over holding something in his outstretched hands I awe at the robot it's hands remind me of a Lego persons hands.

The blue eyes and the lanky shape remind me of one of those ancient creatures from castle in the sky. "It's great Kid want to see something cool?" I ask the red haired boy who nods as I decide to bring his creation to somewhat life as I grab some mechanical wires and a internal battery pack as I carefully transform my hands into claws slicing where the circuits need to move the robot before sealing the metal back into place with frost before Kid uses a blowtorch just to make sure it's secure.

"____ this is so cool!" Kid marvels as the robot now with a power source and wires to it's feet and arms slowly moves on the workbench table as Kid waves at the robot as it slowly raises it's arm waving back. "It can only do simple things since it's so small but that battery should last a couple years and to turn it off there's a button on the back of it's neck" Kid smiles saying "I think i'll call it Rotom" blinking I ask "Like the pokemon?" Kid shakes his head saying "No I just like the name" I nod as I say "well than Kid take good care of Rotom" Kid nods as I head to the door Kid trailing behind turning Rotom off as he follows I turn the lights off to the workshop as we leave.