six

"what do you want jun?" soobin asked impatiently.

he really wanted to sleep.

"i have a proposal to make," yeonjun said causing soobin to raise a brow.

"no i don't want to get married," soobin joked emotionlessly making yeonjun giggle.

soobin cracked into a small chuckle at the reaction yeonjun had given. the two boys lightly laughed together, still contented that their friendship didn't end on a bad note.

"alright, i'll cut to the chase. i need you to make park aera fall for you," yeonjun stated after catching his breath.

"no," soobin replied almost instantly after hearing the brunette's name.

"soobin, i was forced into a bet. you've got to help me. you're the only person i know who would still have my back no matter what," yeonjun pleaded.

"explain this bet," soobin questioned and crossed his arms loosely.

"everyone saw you and aera talking this morning. you turned her down. one of my friends said that it was expected of you to reject someone like aera. however, i commented that you guys would look cute together!" yeonjun spoke fast while soobin just face-palmed at the blonde boy.

"so that friend seized it as an opportunity to bet that you would reject aera when she comes up to you again. seemingly, i opposed his idea seeing that you and aera could possibly be together," yeonjun continued guiltily.

"so you're telling me that if aera and i get together, you win the bet?"

"technically, yes. i'd win the bet. plus, he despises aera because of some things that happened last year. he loved the look on her face when you turned her down," yeonjun added on.

soobin pursed his pouted lips onto a thin line as he contemplated his choices.

despite having a cold aura, soobin loathed people who enjoyed watching other people falter. he believed that aera was genuinely a nice girl who only wanted to befriend him.

at least that's what he thought.

"how much did he bet on the innocent girl?" soobin questioned the pleading boy in front of him.

"$300," yeonjun said causing soobin's breath to hitch.

"you're insane jun, who the fuck bets that much?" soobin exclaimed.

that was literally the amount of money he earns monthly from working at the bakery shop.

"i know! i'm stupid, i'm sorry!" yeonjun panicked.

soobin wanted to help yeonjun but didn't fully understand what he would benefit from dating the girl he ultimately found rude.

"what's in it for me?"

"you get all the money," yeonjun stated without hesitation.

soobin raised an eyebrow, unsure whether yeonjun was being serious.

"look soobin, i'm not a jackass. i just hang out with jackasses for the sake of dance. you know my reasons. you get all the money because i dragged you into this," yeonjun genuinely said.

it was a win-win situation. soobin would get twice the amount of money he earns that month and yeonjun would get out of a bet he was forced into.

there wasn't a consequence for anybody.

no one would get hurt right?

"i'll do it,"