twenty-one

"what the fuck were you thinking aera?" soobin raised his voice once they drove off from beomgyu's house.

aera remained silent as she sat facing the window, tears rolling down her cheeks.

soobin let out a heavy sigh and focused his eyes on the road. it was raining heavily with vehicles speeding past the slippery road.

"i'm taking you home," soobin stated but aera only vigorously shook her head.

"n-no, don't leave me alone," aera stuttered in between tears.

soobin glanced over at aera and felt his heartstrings tug again. it took only one glance to see how terrified she looked, her eyes puffy from all the crying.

"tell your parents your staying the night at your friend's house," soobin stated after a while of thinking as he drove to his house.

"thank you," aera mumbled and did what she was told.

-

"here are some sweatpants of my mom's, it should be able to fit you since mine are pretty big. um, the shirt's mine but if you're cold, i'll let you borrow one of my hoodies. i'm sure you know where the bathroom is," soobin said as he handed aera the articles of clothing to change into.

aera simply nodded as she made her way to the bathroom. as she stripped and stood under the shower, she finally let out the feelings that's been bottled up in her heart.

she sobbed loudly, the pitter-patter of the shower wasn't able to drown out her cries. soobin stood outside the bathroom and cant help but feel angry.

angry at those who hurt aera; at himself for being one of them.

he rubbed his temples and whipped out his phone to call someone. soobin tapped his foot impatiently as the line continued ringing.

fortunately, he picked up.

"mark, i can't do this," soobin whispered as he leaned back against the wall.

"what do you mean you can't? you agreed soobin," mark said in disbelief.

"do you even know the whole truth? why aera did what she did last year?" soobin snapped only for mark to groan in annoyance.

"yea my brother told me everything!" mark raised his voice but soobin only scoffed.

"did you ask aera?" soobin uttered harshly as he heard the shower turn off.

mark remained silent at the other end of the line, his heavy breathing only heard.

"ask her for the truth dipshit and maybe rethink your intentions" soobin stated angrily and hung up.

by the time soobin had hung up, aera swung open the bathroom door and walked out.

"um, it's your turn to shower. your hands are still bloody," aera muttered softly as she dried her hair with the towel.

"i'll just wash my hands, i still smell good," soobin sheepishly admitted causing aera to crack a small smile.

"you're just lazy," aera said and soobin nodded his head in agreement while giggling.

"that's true! give me five minutes. there's food in the fridge if you want to eat," soobin said cheekily before disappearing into the bathroom.

aera dropped her smile and and hastily opened the fridge. although her stomach grumbled, she had no appetite to eat at all.

she was tired from almost everything. she was tired of being put into situations she never wanted to be in.

aera stood unmoved in the kitchen, her feelings beginning to slowly overwhelm her again.

"aera?" soobin called out from behind her.

"hm?"

"i've been calling you at least like, five times but you're just zoned out," soobin said worriedly.

aera turned around to face the taller boy who had walked towards her. her tears desperately wanted to spill out but something about soobin comforted her tired heart.

"thank you soobin," aera said softly as she took a few steps closer to him.

"yea, it's no problem aera," he rubbed the nape of his neck shyly and unknowingly locked eyes with aera.

the pair stood in comfortable silence as they stared at each other, their unknown feelings towards each other growing with every passing moment.

"we should get some sleep," soobin coughed out, breaking the moment between them.

"y-yea you're right. um, i'll sleep on the—"

"i'm sleeping on the floor," soobin cut her off before briskly walking to his bedroom before she could object.

aera stood in shock while soobin's ears burned red. he didn't understand why he was getting shy around her.

he lightly banged his forehead repeatedly against the wall while muttering to himself.

"choi soobin, why are you so stupid?" he chanted to himself as he leaned his forehead to the wall.

soobin closed his eyes and remained in his position while trying to sort out his feelings towards aera.

suddenly, a pair of arms snaked around his waist from behind catching soobin by surprise.

"you're not stupid,"

-
get ready for the next chapter 🌝