twenty-nine

listen to
' Crying Over You ' by HONNE, BEKA
when reading this chapter.

-

JAEMIN
now where the fuck did u go >:(

SOOBIN
my cat died

JAEMIN
nice try lover boy

jeno uses the same excuse

SOOBIN
i'm going to break her again jaemin

she'll just get hurt again

it's just better if i got out of her life

so leave me alone

SOOBIN is offline

jaemin frowned and put his phone away. he looked over at aera and jeno, who were sprawled over the sofa-bed and snoozing away.

jaemin sighed sadly but felt a tint of happiness in his heart.

he was happy that jeno and aera were still in his life; happy that even conflicts couldn't break their friendship.

however, he was sad knowing that soobin had begun distancing himself from people again; soobin was simply scared on getting in too deep with friendships or relationships.

-

soobin had decided to take a small trip to the Tenth Stop, where aera first entrusted her heart to him.

soobin looked around after getting down from the bus; the scenery seemed gloomier than usual and the cherry blossom trees were flower less.

soobin sat in the middle of the road and stared at the sky. the clouds had turned grey and lightning flashed every now and then.

soobin lay on the smooth road and sprawled his arms and legs out. he felt tired and sad.

tired of bottling up feelings. tired of not living like a normal teenager. tired of pushing people out of his life.

spending time with aera made him realise that letting people in wasn't as bad as it seemed.

"aera," soobin thought of her and immediately felt warmth in his heart.

but after a flicker of her in his mind, soobin felt himself sinking deep into his cold self again.

the dimpled boy pulled out his cigarette pack and took out one stick. soobin hesitated to light up the intoxicated roll but went ahead with it.

just at that moment, thunder roared across seoul and the rain poured down hard.

soobin chuckled to himself sarcastically before finally letting his smile drop; letting the tears he held in spill out of his doe eyes.

soobin threw the extinguished stick at the side and continued sobbing. the rain masking his tears as he cried in the middle of the road.

he missed his dad. he barely saw his mom but he was always thankful that she worked hard for him. he never had siblings nor friends.

soobin continued crying his heart out, despising how he pushed people away.

from yeonjun to jeno and jaemin; to aera.
even mark.

he pushed away people who were willing to love him.

soobin wiped his trickling tears away as he stood up from the slick and slippery road.

the rain poured down harder with every step soobin made, his vision blurry with his tears along with the pouring rain drops.

he was cold and tired.

he most definitely was getting sick but he didn't care.

he just needed his warmth back.

soobin thought that she was better off without him.