twenty-three

[no, they did not do it.]

the morning after, soobin woke up to be greeted by aera's angelic face. she was softly snoring away as her hair framed her face in the most endearing way possible.

soobin looked at the girl he liked in awe and softly caressed her face, tracing her all features which he found flawless.

soon after, aera's eyes fluttered open as she let out a small smile at the boy in front of her.

"good morning soobin," she muttered softly and let out a small yawn.

soobin felt his heart melt at the endearing girl who lay in front of him and couldn't help but attack her with soft kisses.

"hey!" aera giggled as she embraced soobin with her small arms.

soobin laughed and kissed her cheek as he sat up and pulled her onto his lap. aera shyly snuggled her head into his shoulder as she straddled him.

"good morning milady," soobin finally said, purposely showing off his dimples with his ruffled hair.

aera kissed his dimples and placed a small peck on his nose before getting up from his bed.

"i better get going soobin, your mom would probably be home soon right?" aera asked as she fixed her wavy brown locks in front of the mirror.

soobin let out a small pout before getting up and back-hugging the petite girl.

"do you want me to send you home?" he asked with a pout causing aera to turn around and pinch his cheeks.

"i'll be fine. we live like, two roads away from each other," aera said and kissed his cheeks.

"see you tomorrow? i have work later," soobin asked with his forehead pressed against hers.

"tomorrow it is. thank god for the weekend right?" aera said, embracing him one last time before leaving.

soobin smiled happily to himself as he let the girl go. the dimpled boy jumped onto his bed and felt a blush creep up on his cheeks.

he wished for mornings like that.

-

10 new notifications!

MARK:
i need to talk to u

☕️ JAEMIN THE SCIENCE BITCH 🧪:

9 new messages

aera sighed as she opened her chats, the happiness she felt that morning was slowly replaced with anxiousness.

☕️ JAEMIN THE SCIENCE BITCH 🧪

JAEMIN
AERA WHERE ARE U DEAR

JENO
pls don't be dead

JAEMIN
JENO STFU :(

MESSAGE US AERA

IM SORRY FOR GETTING DRUNK

JENO
IM SORRY AERA FOR NOT CARING WHETHER U OR JAEMIN GOT DRUNK

I GOT DRUNK TOO

STOP WORRYING US AND MESSAGE BACK

ASAP

😓😓😓

AERA
i'm alive, don't worry

are u boys home?

JAEMIN
THANK GOD WHAT THE FUCK

JENO
AERA UR ALIVE

U MADE JAEMIN WORRY

JAEMIN
STFU JENO

U LITERALLY CRIED THE MOMENT U WOKE UP

AERA
u guys are the sweetest 🔪💓

i'm on the way home rn

JAEMIN
GOOD

JENO AND I ARE OK

WE'LL MEET UP WITH U LATER

JENO
i'm sorry aera 😓

AERA
y'all suck but i love u both w all my heart

ttyl boys💕

aera let out a shakey breath as she opened mark's chat and pondered whether she should reply.

MARK
i need to talk to u

AERA
about what?

MARK
meet me at Blue Orangeade in 10

AERA
ur lucky i live near there

MARK
see u

MARK is offline

-

mark and aera sat opposite each other in complete awkwardness.

aera couldn't tell whether mark was going to lash out or remain quiet the whole time.

mark, on the other hand, didn't know how to bring up their past situation up to her as he shifted in his seat.

"what is it mark?" aera suddenly asked as she looked at him with mixture of curiosity and worry.

"i want to um, hear you out," mark cleared his throat awkwardly as he fidgeted with his fingers.

aera's eyes softened and let out a heavy sigh as she whipped out her phone. she began explaining what had happened the previous year as mark quietly listened intently.

"i have the conversation between seokmin and i," aera mumbled as she showed mark her phone.

mark's eyes widened in disbelief as he read seokmin's threats towards his ex-girlfriend. his heart strained with guilt as he looked up at aera. everything was finally coming into place.

"aera.." mark trailed off as he felt his tears on the verge of falling.

"i'm sorry mark, i'm so sorry for hurting you. i didn't mean to," aera looked at the boy sadly and clenched her fists.

"it wasn't your fault. i should've known better," mark admitted as he swiftly wiped his tears away and looked at aera with soft eyes.

"i'm sorry for not hearing you out," mark said as he extended out his hand towards her.

"f-friends? or acquaintances, i don't fucking know.." mark stuttered and rambled as he tried to find the right words to say.

aera looked at the boy's hand and her gaze trailed to his wrist where the scar lay engraved. she clasped her hand together with mark's and shook it gently.

"you're not what he engraved you know," aera said causing mark to smile softly.

"it hurts less knowing that you never had intentions of hurting me. the scar will fade, don't worry," mark said as he sipped on his milk tea.

aera felt her lips tug into a smile, she was happy to know that she was on good terms with mark. she felt as if the world had decided not to be against her that year.

"but you're going to hate me again for what i'm about to admit next," mark said guiltily as he locked eyes with aera.

"i bet against you and soobin. i told him to make you fall in love with him and then break you in the end," mark admitted and felt his eyes drop to the ground in shame.

with that, aera felt her whole world come tumbling down again. her heart breaking as the truth sunk deeper into her mind.