forty-eight

mark bid the group goodbye before making his way to find soobin. fortunately, soobin stayed in class during their recess break.

mark approached the now, blue-haired boy, who was zoning out in his place.

"hey soobin," mark greeted, causing soobin to snap out of his daze.

"mark," soobin nodded and suddenly became interested in his book.

"how have you been?" mark asked softly, concern towards soobin dawning on his expression.

"i'm fine," soobin muttered.

awkward silence fell in between the two boys as mark tried finding the right words to say.

"how's aera," soobin asked quietly, still avoiding mark's gaze.

"she's.. she's trying her best to be happy,"

soobin nodded as he fidgeted with his fingers.

mark could tell something else was bothering him, almost as if he was hesitant in the choices he was making.

"soobin, there's something i have to tell you," mark finally said, with soobin's ears suddenly perking up.

knowing he had soobin where he wanted to be, mark felt hope in his heart that he would be able to save his best friend's relationship.

"the day you saw aera and seokmin like you know, yea? that. my psychotic brother forced her to kiss him. if she didn't, you would've been a dead man,"

soobin's head perked up, his eyes widened at the news he just received from mark.

"so you're saying, aera did that to protect me?" soobin asked in shock.

"that's right,"

soobin covered his face with his hands, the sudden news triggering his emotions.

"why couldn't she just tell me that then?" soobin asked but mark just laughed lightly.

"that's because you didn't hear her out in the first place. just like me. that's why our relationship ended,"

soobin remained quiet as he tried to take in everything he had missed out for the past three months.

"don't let her slip away. park aera is a blessing, she only makes stupid mistakes because she had no other choice in those moments—because she cares about us," mark lectured soobin, who was trying his best not to be a baby in front of mark.

"don't make the same mistake as i did soobin," mark said before patting soobin's back and walked out of the classroom.

soobin bit his bottom lip to refrain himself from crying.

a million thoughts encircled his mind as he wondered what he was supposed to do next.

"it's been 3 months, what if we're better off this way?" soobin thought to himself as he sighed and lay his head on his table.

-

GOLDEN TRIO

JAEMIN
ugh finally a gc with the OGs

AERA
my bois 😔🦶🏻

JENO
how have u guys been 😔

JAEMIN
i've been better

that bitch minji finally got expelled