forty-one

"see you later milady," soobin sneaked a kiss on aera's cheek before walking towards his next class.

jeno and jaemin wiggled their eyebrows playfully at the blushing girl only for them to get slapped on the arm.

"shut it gays,"

"no can do miss park! man, i can't believe you and soobin are finally together," jaemin gushed with jeno nodding his head in agreement.

"i can't believe it either," aera muttered happily to herself as the trio walked towards their class.

-
the bell rang signalling that school had ended. soobin felt ecstatic, knowing he was going to spend the afternoon with his girlfriend and friends.

"hey soobin!" a high-pitched voice rang from behind the taller boy, disrupting his peaceful mood.

soobin turned around only to be greeted with the sight of minji.

the purple haired boy snarled in disgust and continued on his way, not wanting to have anything to do with minji.

minji noticed this and decided to run after him before linking their arms together.

"where are you headed?" minji asked boldly which irritated soobin.

soobin harshly unlinked his arm from minji and brisk-walked to the school entrance, where he would be meeting aera.

"aw soobin, you don't have to ignore me you know!" minji beamed as she matched his pace.

"oh my god, please fuck off? we aren't friends and i've never talked to you except when you bullied aera," soobin said with an irritated tone only causing minji to laugh in response.

"aren't you dating that bitch?" minji asked cockily only for soobin to stop at the school entrance doors.

"she's not a bitch. yes, i'm dating aera. now fuck off," soobin said under gritted teeth as he pushed the school doors open.

"you sure? if you are, why is she kissing another guy?" minji asked with a playful smirk on her face.

soobin abruptly stopped in his tracks as soon as he saw the scene in front of him.

there stood aera, her hands cupping seokmin's face as the older boy's arms encircled tightly around aera's waist; their lips connected.

soobin felt his heart shatter at the sight, tears threatening to spill out of his eyes. his fists was clenched tightly, his knuckles turning a ghostly white.